thirteen: the mother in law

"Welcome back, how was your honeymoon?" Was the first thing Zayn heard when he walked into the office the next morning. Zayn frowns when he sees it's Trisha who had asked him, he wasn't really in the mood to talk to his mother. 

"It was great. Can I help you with something?" Zayn asks, looking at his mother as he grabs the stack of paperwork off of Lisa's desk.

"Am I not allowed to congratulate my son? I mean, it's the least you can allow me to do since you didn't invite me to the wedding..." Trisha says, trailing off as Zayn gives her a look.

"I didn't invite you for a reason and I would appreciate it if you'd stop trying to be my mother. That ship sailed and it isn't coming back." Zayn says, walking into his office with Trisha hot on his heels. He sits down at his desk, letting out a grown when he sees Trisha is still there. 

"I will call security if you don't leave my office." 

"Fine, I'll let this go for now but that wasn't the only reason why I'm in here. That meeting you had me go to for you on Wednesday, they want to close the deal in person. Which means that the both of us need to fly into Seattle by Monday or the deal falls through." 

"Why do we both need to be there?" 

"Because you're the head of the company and they liked me. I had Lisa arrange a flight for Sunday morning, either we're both on it or we can kiss that sweet little merger goodbye." Trisha says, leaning against the wall as Zayn frowns over at her. Zayn didn't want to go, he'd just gotten home and he wanted to spend time with his family... but he knew there was no way he was getting out of this, so with a heavy sigh he gives his mother a nod.

"Fine, are you finished?" Zayn asks, earning a nod from Trisha who gets ready to leave his office only to run into Louis. Louis looks at her with wide eyes, completely taken aback by the fact that Zayn's mother was there. 

"Oh, Louis. It's nice to see you again." Trisha says and Zayn could literally feel his heart starting to beat right out of his chest. 

"Likewise... I wasn't aware that you were back in town." Louis says awkwardly, looking over at Zayn who's trying his hardest not to freak out right now. In the past few months, Louis hadn't stopped by the office often enough to see Trisha there... so as far as Louis knew, Trisha had left town. 

"Just for the weekend, had to make sure that this company was still up and a float." Trisha lies, looking over at Zayn with a smile that just told Zayn he was going to be paying for this conversation later. 

"I've got to head out now, but it was nice seeing you." And with that, Trisha finally leaves. Louis stays standing in the doorway, a more than confused expression on his face as he looks over at Zayn. It goes away after a moment though and he finally walks into the room. 

"Ready to go?" He asks, standing next to Zayn at his desk. 

"Go where?" 

"We have a doctor's appointment, remember? Or is this a bad time? I'm sure we can reschedule..." Louis whispers, biting down on his bottom lip. Louis couldn't shake that sick feeling in the pit of his stomach, something was off and he couldn't figure out what exactly it was. 

"We can go, I just spaced about it. Let me just uh... Let me tell Lisa that I'm heading out and probably won't be back for the rest of the day. Want to help me take these to the car?" Zayn asks, motioning to the pile of paperwork on his desk. Louis nods, taking half the stack as Zayn stood up from his chair to grab the other half. Both of them walk out of Zayn's office, Zayn stopping at Lisa's desk before following Louis to the elevators. 

"So, do you want to tell me the real reason why your mum is in town?" Louis asks as Zayn hits the button for the elevator. 

"I don't know, Lou. She was just here when I came in this morning, didn't tell me why." The lie came all too easy, far too easy than it should have but Zayn knew if he told Louis the truth... It would only lead to a really shitty argument and Zayn would much rather deal with that conversation a different day. Zayn wanted to find Liam first, then he'd talk to Louis about what's going on... it could wait. The look on Louis' face doesn't really help the situation, Louis wasn't going to just let it go.

"I don't believe you." 

"Can we just talk about this later? Today's supposed to be a good day, alright? Let's not ruin it." Zayn says quietly and Louis lets out a sigh before nodding. 

"Fine, but we are going to talk about it. Don't just pretend to forget about it, alright?" Louis says, giving Zayn a very serious look which softens after a second when Zayn leans in to kiss his cheek.

"Alright. I love you, by the way." Zayn says and Louis can't help the smile that finds its way onto his lips. 

"I know you do." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

woohoo. 

there's chapter thirteen. (funny story, i almost said it was chapter twelve but it's not. okay it wasn't that funny...)

Dedication goes to cupcake1Dlovaxx

QOTC: So like in all seriousness guys, I can't decide if Louis should just have one baby or two so like... How many do you guys think he should have? One or two? (no more than two or so help me Robbie, I will hunt you down and kill you.(i am serious(i will block your ass(i've done it before)))

Second QOTC: do you guys think Zayn will actually tell Louis the real reason why Trisha is back or will he just come up with another lie?

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx