thirty-two: the crazy train

It was on a Sunday morning when the peaceful atmosphere that had been surrounding the Malik family finally shattered. It started out like any other morning, both Louis and Zayn were woken up by the twins jumping on their bed. They would then proceed to beg Zayn to let them help make breakfast which Zayn gladly agrees to, allowing Louis a few more miutes by himself until Quinn decided she wanted to wake up. 

Louis would eventually make his way downstairs, a sleepy Quinn in his arms who watches her family wearily. Louis sits down at the table, shaking his head at both of the twins when he notices how covered in flour and what appeared to be muffin batter all over their faces. Everything seemed absolutely perfect that morning until Zayn got a phone call from his office. Louis stays in the kitchen with the kids as Zayn walks out of the room to take the call. 

"Where Daddy going?" Ethan asks, looking around Louis towards the direction Zayn walked in with a small frown on his face. Ethan got ready to jump down to follow Zayn only to have Louis grab his hand before he got very far. 

"Daddy needs to be alone for a few minutes, he's on the phone sweetie." Louis says, keeping his voice down even though he knew that Zayn was in his office by now. Ethan pouts at that, but as he was the easier of the two twins, he did as he was told and didn't go after Zayn. When Zayn comes back a few minutes later, he has a scowl on his face. He grabs his keys off the counter before he looks at Louis.

"I have to run to the office." Zayn says, kissing the top Nathan and Ethan's heads before kissing Louis. He doesn't even give Louis a chance to respond before he walks out the front door, leaving Louis alone with all the kids. It doesn't take Zayn long to get to the office and when he does it walks straight past Lisa and towards his mother's office. She's sitting at the computer, typing away like there was no tomorrow. Zayn pretty much throws the door open yet she still doesn't look up. 

"Is there something you'd like to tell me?" Zayn asks, standing in front of his mother's desk. She still has yet to acknowledge that he was actually there and Zayn's patience was wearing thin. She had been the one to call him, saying there was something important to talk about. 

"If you're going to just waste my time, I'm going to leave." Zayn says, crossing his arms over his chest as Trisha finally decides to look up from her computer. She has a snide smile on her face, the kind of smile that made Zayn's blood start to boil. He didn't understand her, she was the one to call him yet she still made him wait. 

"I wouldn't be so rude if I were you, especially in the position you're in." She says and Zayn stares at her because what in the hell did she mean by that. 

"I'm not in any sort of position, if anyone's in a position here it's you. I know what you did to Harry and I have proof that you've been stealing money from my company. So don't for a second start making threats because so help me god I will throw your ass in jail." Zayn says, keeping his voice firm even when his mother throws her head back in laughter. Zayn is completely astounded by the woman in front of him, unable to understand how the hell this was the same woman who gave birth to him. 

"Sweetheart, you don't know anything. I've been around a lot longer than you have, I know what I'm doing so before you start to blackmail me you should figure out what exactly you're up against. Now, take a seat." Trisha says, gesturing to the empty seat in front of her. Zayn stares at her, his mouth dry because he wasn't quite sure how to feel. He wasn't sure what exactly was going on here, but there was a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach as he looks at Trisha. He doesn't take the seat, he stays standing in the doorway which earns a sigh from Trisha. 

"Now is not the time to be stubborn, Zayn. You think you've got dirt on me, you don't even want to know what I've got on you." 

"What could you possibly have on me? Unlike you, I don't do stupid shit that gets me in trouble. Unlike you, I'm happy with what I've got in life and I don't see the need to blackmail people to get what I want. So by all means, tell me what it is that you've got against me because I can assure you it's not worth shit." Zayn says, glaring over at Trisha who lets out a loud laugh. She still had that smug look on her face though, it wasn't helping  Zayn feel any better. In the last year, Zayn had learned to expect the unexpected where everything was concerned. 

"Is that really how you feel about your entire company? I mean if it is, I guess this makes it easier. As of today, you're no longer the owner. It's gone because you gave it all to me, that little business meeting in Seattle wasn't exactly in your best interest." Trisha says and Zayn could feel his blood run cold. 

"That's not possible, there is no way you could've done all of that without me realizing it." Zayn says, his voice wavering as he finds it hard to breathe all of the sudden. The smug look on Trisha's face doesn't fade as she just shrugs.

"I guess next time you'll read what's in the contract darling." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jfc. it's been like two weeks and all I have to offer is this.

I'm really sorry, honestly I haven't felt like writing. Idk what it is tbh, like every time I go to write I literally sit in front of my laptop for an hour only to start watching something on Netflix or working on other stories that I haven't started yet (except one... It's a Narry called Stuck On You, it's up if you guys wanna check it out...) Like, I've kinda been working on the spin off book for this one (Nathan and Ethan's) but yeah... Idk. 

That was long. 

Anyways, no one got close on the names haha. I'll give you guys some more hints this time.

Boy: M_ _ _ _ N L_ _ _ I 

Girl: A_ _ _ _ _ N C_ _ _ _ E

Dedication goes to Crying_Willow

QOTC: can't think of one... 

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx