seventeen: cuddle puddles

Louis waits until Zayn leaves before he takes the disc from the office. He looks into the bedroom, making sure all the kids were still there before he walks down to the living room where his laptop was at. He didn't want to run the risk of any of the kids seeing what was on this disc, especially if it was what he thought it was. Louis bites his bottom lip when he puts the disc into the laptop, trying to control his shaking as he waits for it to load. 

Deep down, Louis knew what was on this disc... but there was a part of him that was giving Zayn the benefit of the doubt. Maybe Zayn hadn't gone behind his back, maybe Zayn hadn't been lying to him for nearly six months. Louis was sure there was a perfectly good reason behind the note he'd found, for all he knew it was from his own mother and it was footage from their wedding but Louis knew better. 

And suddenly Louis couldn't watch what was on that disc, shutting his laptop before placing his head in his hands because he can't help the sick feeling in the pit of his stomach. He wanted more than anything to believe in Zayn, but he wasn't an idiot.  He knew better, he knew what was on that stupid disc and he wanted to scream but he couldn't wake up the kids. So instead he just sits on the couch, keeping his head in his hands until he heard the sound of little footsteps coming from the stairs. Louis looks up to see a very sleepy looking Nathan at the foot of the stairs. 

"Mummy?" Nathan calls out quietly, looking around the room for Louis. Louis stands up from the couch and walks over to his oldest before picking up Nathan up. Nathan instantly wraps his arms around Louis' neck, letting out a content sigh as Louis holds him close. 

"Good morning, did you sleep well?" Louis asks, kissing the side of Nathan's head as he walks with the three year old towards the kitchen. 

"Ethan wake me up, start coughing." Nathan whines, burying his face into Louis' neck. Louis lets out a sigh at what Nathan says, knowing that he should probably go upstairs and wake Ethan up to take his treatment. It was almost nine anyways, it was about time he got the kids up... especially Quinn if Louis wanted her to take her nap on time today. He would give him a few more minutes though, he didn't want to let go of Nathan quite yet. 

"Do you want something to eat, or are you still sleepy?" Louis asks, walking towards the fridge with Nathan still in his arms. Nathan shrugs, keeping his face buried in Louis' neck as Louis opens up the fridge. 

"How about I give you something to drink while I go check on your brother?" Louis offers, earning yet another shrug of Nathan which Louis took as an agreement. So Louis grabs out the apple juice, going over to the cupboard to grab one of the sippy cups for Nathan. He places Nathan onto the counter top for a second so he can pour Nathan some juice. Once he's finished, he picks Nathan back up and hands the sleepy three year old the cup. He takes Nathan back into the living room, letting him slide out of his arms and onto the couch. Nathan seems pretty content, so Louis heads upstairs. He frowns when he already hears Ethan coughing from down the hall and he pretty much runs into the room when Quinn starts crying. Ethan is sitting up in the bed, trying to comfort his little sister but Quinn didn't like it when Ethan kept coughing, pushing away at her older brother. She practically crawls into Louis' lap when he sits down to check on Ethan. 

"Chest hurt, Mummy." Ethan croaks out, looking at Louis with tear stained cheeks. Louis nods, reaching for the nebulizer  and turning it on. Ethan lets out a yelp, cowering into the mound of pillows. 

"Baby, you gotta stop refusing to take your medicine. You know it helps you..." Louis says, running his fingers through Ethan's hair. Ethan lets out a pitiful cough, pouting before he finally moves away from the mound of pillows. He takes the mask away from Louis and places it over his face as he leans back yet again. Quinn seemed to stop crying at that point, staring at Ethan with wide eyes as she continues to sit on Louis' lap. It wasn't long before Nathan came back upstairs, still holding the sippy cup full of apple juice as he climbs up onto the bed and lays on top of Louis' knee. Ethan cuddled into Louis' side after he finished with his treatment, taking a deep breath and smiling a little when he doesn't burst into a fit of coughs. 

Louis doesn't make any move to leave the room for a while, enjoying the small little cuddle pool he had going on with all three of his kids. He didn't want to leave that room, everything outside of the room wasn't like this. It wasn't simple, it wasn't happy... Louis knew that the moment Zayn got home, he was going to ask him what that disc was for and he couldn't shake the feeling that Zayn was going to end up lying to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

honestly, this family is beautiful haha. 

Dedication goes to cupcake1Dlovaxx

QOTC: so... clearly shit is going down next chapter. How do you guys think Zayn is going to react to Louis finding the disc? How do you guys think Louis will react to the truth?

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx