fourteen: ultrasounds'

"And if you could just fill out these forms while you wait, they'll be calling you in any minute now." The receptionist says, giving Zayn and Louis a bright smile which they both returned before walking over to the chairs. Louis sits down first, sighing as he sets the clipboard in his lap while Zayn sits down next to him. Zayn could remember the last time he was in this waiting room almost vividly even though it was nearly four years ago. A lot had changed since then, even if they were there for the exact same reason as before. Zayn grabbed Louis' freehand, playing with his fingers as they waited patiently to be called back. It wasn't long before they were, following a young woman back to an examination room.

"Put this on and the doc should be with you soon." The nurse says, handing Louis a hospital gown before pointing towards the adjacent bathroom. Louis smiles softly at her before nodding, walking towards the bathroom to get changed.  

"You alright?" Louis asks once he comes back, looking over at Zayn who was being abnormally quiet. 

"I'm fine, just thinking." Zayn says after another moment, giving Louis' hand a tight squeeze. 

"About?" Louis asks as he hops up onto the examination table. Zayn takes a moment to answer, unsure of how to exactly answer that question. Zayn had a lot of things going through his head right now, the primary being how he was going to avoid the conversation with Louis later on tonight about his mother. Zayn wasn't sure what to do about that.

"Just how much my life has changed since the last time we were here." 

"All for the good, right?" Louis asks as he bites down on his bottom lip. He suddenly had this nervous feeling in his chest, which he knew was absolutely ridiculous. 

"Yeah, all for the good." Zayn says, leaning over to kiss Louis' cheek which earns a soft smile from Louis. The room falls quiet again before Louis' doctor walks into the room with a smile of her own on her face. 

"Afternoon boys, long time no see." She says, already taking a seat in her chair as she rolls it over to the side of Louis' table. She looks down at Louis' chart, clicking her tongue before looking up at Louis and gesturing for him to hike up the hospital gown. She hands Louis a blanket to cover up his lower half first, which he gladly did.  He shivers a little when her hands come in contact with the skin, wincing as she pokes at the small bump. Louis had always had that bump, even before he became pregnant with the boys the first time so Louis didn't really classify it as a baby bump. 

"Well good news is that you're pregnant, not really sure how far along quite yet. We'll do an ultrasound to figure that out, so let's get that out of the way so we know where exactly it is we're sitting." She says, patting Louis' knee before rolling her chair over to the machine that sat in the room. Louis grimaces as he remembers the last time he had to do this, and he silently hoped this was the last time he'd have to go through this experience. After a few minutes, Louis and Zayn had their eyes locked on small screen. 

"Alright boys, it looks like you're about eight weeks along... with twins. Congratulations." 

----------

"Promise me you're not going to freak out..." Louis says quietly as they walk out of the hospital hand in hand. Zayn stops in his tracks, turning to look at Louis like he'd lost his mind.

"What do you mean?" 

"Well last time we found it was twins, you freaked out..." 

"That was four years ago. We're married now. We've already got three kids."

"Exactly, we're going from three kids to five in less than seven months. I don't want you to just suddenly decide that we aren't what you want." Louis says and Zayn wants to just shake the younger boy. 

"I'm not going to freak out, Louis. I'm happy that our family is growing, okay? It doesn't matter to me how many kids we have as long as they're with you, I'm happy. So how about you do me a favor and promise me that you won't freak out." Zayn says, taking Louis' hands in his as he looks the younger boy directly in the eyes. Louis bites down on his bottom lip, that nervous feeling still there but he couldn't help it. 

"We're married now, Louis. This isn't four years ago, alright?" 

"I know it's not... I'm sorry." 

"I'm gonna be here for you every step of the way, we're gonna have two more kids in less than seven months... We might need to find another house." Zayn teases and Louis can't help but laugh. The two of them start to walk towards the car again, one of Zayn's hands still holding Louis'. 

"If anything, we need a smaller house. I honestly hate how big that place is." Louis says honestly, leaning into Zayn's side as they walked. 

"How about when we find out the genders, we start looking for another place?" 

"Okay.. That sounds good to me." Louis agrees, allowing Zayn to open his door for him when they reach the car. 

"I love you, Lou." Zayn says, kissing him before Louis climbs into the car. 

"I love you too." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so if i get comments complaining about too many babies, fight me. babies are cute and this is fiction. 

anyways, when I reach 7k (i am literally one follower away homies) i'm doing a twitcam. so yeah, keep your eyes out for that. 

Dedication goes to KingCommenter

QOTC: can't think of one so just comment your fave thing about this chapter.

Comment

and

Vote 

Connie xx