six: the reception

six: the reception

"I love you." Zayn whispers into Louis' ear, holding Louis close to his chest as they sway gently to the music that was filling the reception hall. Louis smiles softly, looking up at Zayn with a grin as he kisses him softly on the lips.

"I love you more." Louis whispers back, earning a snort from Zayn as he shakes his head.

"Now that's such a lie and we both know it." 

"How about we just say we love each other equally and leave it at that?" Louis says, not wanting their first fight as a married couple to be on their wedding day or for it to be over something so silly as to who loved who more.

"I love you." Zayn says after a minute, earning another grin from Louis. 

"I love you too, even if you don't believe me when I say that I love you more." 

"I thought we agreed that we love each other equally." 

"I love you more." 

"Impossible." Zayn says and Louis lets out a soft laugh before resting his head back onto Zayn's chest. Zayn continued to sway them gently to the music, Louis just ignoring everyone completely as he listens to Zayn's heart beat. It was a sound Louis knew he'd never get used to, the sound still soothing. Louis was having a hard time keeping his eyes open, the days activities already exhausting as it was but listening to Zayn's heart beat always made Louis want to sleep. 

"You're not falling asleep on me, are you?" Zayn asks, earning a soft hum from Louis. 

"Babe, you can't fall asleep on me. We've still gotta cut the cake..." Zayn says, stopping their swaying and Louis lets out a whine as he looks up at Zayn with a small pout. 

"Why can't we just let the boys do it? We know that Nathan's been wanting too since he laid eyes on the damn thing." Louis says, looking off to where Nathan was with Harry and Johannah. Quinn was fast asleep in Johannah's arms and the twins really weren't that far behind. It wasn't that late, just past eight but the day had been a rather long one. 

"How about we just cut the cake and call it a night? We've got an early flight to catch tomorrow." Zayn says, taking  step back from Louis. He takes Louis' hand, already dragging him towards the cake. There was a microphone set up by the cake, so Zayn grabbed that once they reached it.

"Hey everyone, Lou and I are gonna cut the cake now. Before we do though, we both would like to thank you all for joining us on this wonderful night. I'm not going to get all gushy again, mainly due to the fact that my husband is going to end up falling asleep before we even cut this cake." Zayn says, earning a chorus of laughter. Louis rolls his eyes but the soft smile on his face doesn't fade in the slightest. Zayn puts down the microphone after that, reaching for the knife to slice the cake. Louis places his hand on top of his and together they sliced the cake. Everyone around them erupted in cheers and applause, along with a small gasp of disbelief from Nathan when he realizes his parents cut the cake without him. 

"So are we going to be cliche and shove the cake into each other's faces?" Louis asks as Zayn puts a slice of cake onto the small paper plate.

"It wouldn't be a wedding if we didn't." Zayn says back, handing the plate to Louis. Louis quirks an eyebrow, taking the plate into his hand and shoves it into Zayn's face unexpectedly. Zayn lets out a surprised cough, glaring at Louis a little. 

"You're the one who wanted to be cliche!" Louis squeals out as Zayn wipes off his face and tries to wipe the cake onto Louis' face. Louis tries to runaway from Zayn, but he wraps him up into his arms before rubbing his cake covered cheek onto Louis' face. Louis lets out another squeal, pushing at Zayn's chest. Zayn pulls his face back after a moment, looking at Louis with a bright grin as the younger of the two starts to giggle uncontrollably. 

"I love you." Louis says through his laughter, wrapping his arms around Zayn's neck. 

"I love you more." Zayn whispers, leaning in to kiss Louis who was still laughing. It only lasted for a second, mainly due to the fact that it was kind of hard for Zayn to kiss Louis when he was smiling so much. 

"You taste like cake." Louis manages to get out after another minute, finally calming down enough so that he's able to breathe. Zayn just smiles, shaking his head a little before reaching for the napkin to wipe the cake off his hand and his face. Louis cleans off his own face, still grinning at Zayn after he was finished. 

"Louis and I once again want to thank all of you for joining us today, but we're going to bid you all goodbye and head on out. Help yourselves to some cake and I'm pretty sure the bar is still open." Zayn says, placing the microphone down and grabbing Louis' hand. The both of them waved goodbye as Zayn and Louis walked out. 

"Can I tell you something?" Louis asks once they were away from the crowd, looking at Zayn as they walk towards his car. 

"What?" Zayn asks in return, stopping once they reached the car. Louis leans against the side of it, biting his bottom lip as he tries to decide if this was truly the right time to tell Zayn. 

"I love you." Louis whispers, already chickening out. Zayn still grins though, opening the door for Louis.

"I love you too." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

man.

this chapter was just all around cute, i love it.

zouis wedding song is in the multimedia. i'm sorta in love with sleeping with sirens right now tbh.

dedication goes to zouis_lovechild

qotc: when do you guys think Louis will tell Zayn about the new baby? 

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx