16 - Explosion Imminent

~*~

"Ante bellum"

-

"Before the war"

~*~

16

School was the same as always. Boring as hell. The only thing positive which had happened was that Michelle hadn't bothered me again Isaac had made sure of that. In a way I was thankful for him doing it but on the other it brought even more unwanted attention. It got worse after Zach and I's altercation in the hallway the other day. I'm glad that I didn't have to deal with Michelle anymore so that was one problem solved.

I was still feeling kind of awkward after the kiss with Zach, still doing everything in my power to avoid him. It was hurting me more than I care to admit, my heart had truly fallen for him head over heels. I didn't know how to stop the pain that struck my heart every time I had to walk in the opposite direction, I hated it.

I wish that there was a button that I could use to turn off these feelings but unfortunately I wasn't a robot. Zach had even went as far to put notes into my locker, hoping that id stop my stint of ignoring him. To be fair to him he hadn't given up yet which must be some kind of record. Which was why I was startled by him at my locker early Thursday morning.

"I don't know what else I can say except for I'm sorry. I just really miss you." Don't look at his face, whatever you do don't look.

"I wasn't thinking that night and if it wasn't obvious I like you okay? I just can't bear to have you ignoring me it hurts like a bitch. Listen, my parents are going to another restaurant tomorrow night to try and erase the memories from the last one. I would really love it if you came. We can put all this behind us and be friends again. I swear I won't bring it up again." the thought of forgetting the kiss sends pain through my heart.

I sigh, before betraying my instincts to look into his eyes. I could already feel myself caving by the puppy dog look on his face. He was the only one that could make me cave so fast. With a heavy heart I breathe out

"Okay." His dazzling grin makes an appearance before he grabs me in a bear hug.

I hug him back with just as much force, my glasses digging into my face as my head lay on his shoulder. I wondered how long my façade would last before it all came crashing down, taking Isaac with me.

~*~

I'm optimistic for this time at the restaurant hopefully it won't end up like the last time. I don't think I can stomach my two roommates ticking each other's tonsils again. I haven't let crabby forget that moment. It's like my retort for everything, I had told Ace immediately and he helps me in not letting them forget. I should have made a bet on it, could've made some money.

I had everything all set for the dinner on Friday. It would just be a relatively relaxing affair with his parents with no problems. Or at least I hoped it would go off without a hitch. Well it couldn't go as wrong as last time.

This time we had both agreed that I would meet him at his locker after school to go straight to his place before the dinner. I couldn't risk him running into Ace again having another awkward moment. Zach was already suspicious by the fact that he was way older than me. I should really tell him that he's asexual, but I like the jealous side of Zach.

Friday went in quicker than I thought before I knew it I'm standing by Zach's locker watching him with his friends. They started making their way towards me, I guess this was the meeting of his friends.