02 - Nest of the idiots

~*~

"Amicitiae nostrae memoriam spero sempiternam fore"

-

"I hope the memory of our friendship will be everlasting"

~*~

02

The water scolds my skin the redness matching the colour of the blood staining my hands, I never usually had this much on me to scrub away. It wasn't usually my own either, this time it was the blood of a very evil gangster that I had been trying to get for months. I was happy all my effort hadn't went to waste.

My conscience was clear knowing I had rid the world of some evil tonight. Six lives I had ended tonight although not enough to make even a slight dent in their forces, it would cause a few slight problems for their disgusting cause.

Catching my own eyes in the mirror, reflecting anger and hatred among their depths. I despised all the slimy scumbags for what they've done over the years, they all deserved to be exterminated. I will make sure every last trace of them is gouged from this world.

Taking a deep breath in I realise my hands had tightened on the edge of the sink, turning my knuckles ghostly white. I released the grip I had, flexing my long nimble fingers they could be classified as dangerous weapons. The blood may be gone physically by not mentally, even though they deserved to die I would never forget all the lives I've taken for my own.

I wondered when all the shit I've done would weigh down on my soul so much I'd break from the inside out. I tell myself it's all for the greater good but, who the fuck am I kidding. I am doomed to an afterlife of eternal damnation as much as all those motherfuckers, I doubt God would welcome me into the pearly gates with open arms and we'd have a little sing along and pray for world peace, all the usual basic bullshit.

I'm not really religious, I was lucky never to have a religion forced down my throat. Just a world I was thrown into and expected to deal with. No biggie.

A crashing sound from downstairs brought me out of my self-hatred. I never could get a single moment of fucking peace in this madhouse, I swear one day I'll snap go on a personal killing spree... again. Deciding to save myself a rampage, I turn away from the mirror, making my way to descend the stairs into the chaos of down below.

"You ate my pizza" a familiar voice whines

"And? It was only a pizza" A deeper one answers back

"But it was MY pizza, fuck face" It looks like world war three is about to ensue soon if I didn't intervene.

"Didn't see your name on it, once it's in the fridge it's free for all."

A growl sounded before I heard the cocking of a gun. Not this again, I did not fancy cleaning blood off the carpets today.

"Seriously? You're pointing a fucking gun at me over a slice of fucking pizza? YOU ARE FUCKING MENTAL!"

"HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO GO OVER THIS? IT. WAS. MY. FUCKING. PIZZA!"

I round the corner and see what has become a regular sight in this household. One of my roommates holding a gun to the other one, I sighed. They hadn't noticed me yet standing in the doorway arms crossed. I clear my throat startling them both, you'd never think they are members of a dangerous organization since they act like toddlers. I put on my stern mother look and got my voice ready.

"Now Cortez, it's not nice to go around pointing guns in people's faces is it?" I pierced him with my gaze. He averted his gaze to the floor.

"No" he mumbled