21B-End of the Line

~*~

"Oderint dum metuant"

-

"Let them hate so long as they fear"

~*~

21B

Zach's POV

The weight on my chest is definitely a welcome one, I could feel her hair tickling my neck and chest. Eliza's hand pushes my fringe away from my forehead but, I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes just yet. I'm one-hundred percent sure I never want to move from this position. Her lightweight kiss lands on the skin above my heart. She can probably feel it about to take flight from my chest.

I think about everything that happened last night and what Eliza said. There is no doubt that last night was the best night of my life so far, I was glad I waited to give it to someone I love with all my heart. I don't know where I'd be if Eliza hadn't crashed her way into my life. I accept her more than ever, both 'sides' of her, without her I probably wouldn't be here right now to enjoy this moment.

But all I can think about is fifteen year old Eliza being thrust into this world of violence and gangs. Even if it was her choice to begin with. I have to admit she does have some pretty amazing skills, I wondered how many times her and the Indespectus have intercepted without me being none the wiser. Remembering the time at the gala where Michelle was splattered with the blood springs to mind, how far away must she have been and was still able to take the shot. It was shocking at the time for everything to happen so suddenly but I can see the humour in it being all over Michelle.

Love was what I never had with Michelle now I know what true love feels like. What I felt for Michelle doesn't even come to a tenth of what I feel for Eliza. I'm the only one who has ever called her that except for her parents, I feel privileged to have that honour. To have her lying here in my arms was an honour in itself, to have her heart and soul. I'm the luckiest guy in the world.

I can't tell if she's awake yet. We both say at the same time "You awake?" leaving us both laughing.

I wish all mornings could be like this for the rest of my life. Her green eyes peeking up at me send jolts down my body I can feel all the way in my toes. I reach out and kiss her lightly on the forehead, her white hair is splayed across my chest I curl a strand in between my fingers. I fathom how hair can be this white, she's like an angel.

Kissing all over her face before burying myself in the crook of her neck I kiss her lightly there on her soft spot, her sharp intake of breath is music to my ears. I didn't want to leave this bed anytime soon, keep her prisoner for myself. She warns me of being late but I know by the sound of her voice, I've already won the battle.

Our kisses turn feverish and urgent as I push myself up over her as she smirks. Like we did last night, we don't stop.

~*~

The idea of being late sounded good at the time, but now we were standing in the hallway by the door I began to regret it. Not the act itself just the embarrassment of the hickeys that are bound to raise some eyebrows. I think of my parents sitting in the room and the embarrassment increases tenfold. My hand is interlinked with Eliza's reminding me I'm not alone in this situation.

The door to the room squeaked and I could feel everyone's eyes on us making me turn a deeper shade of red. I don't even have the courage to look up as Mikey or the Boss announces.

"Glad you both could finally join us." Eliza's eyes widen.

I guess I should feel bad since she's the one that will get more shit for it. My parents give me disapproving stares before their eyes catch my hand which is linked in Eliza's. My mum does this embarrassing squeal making everyone follow her eye line. My dad seems indifferent while the rest of the people in the room give us knowing smirks, well accept for one guy. Cortez I think his name is seems to be giving the food on the table a longing look. Same, bro. Eliza sits beside a guy covered in tattoos while I slide in the seat to her left.