00

~*~

"Ignotum per ignotus"
-
"The unknown by the more unknown"

~*~

The descending blanket of grief was thickly overshadowing the graveyard, there was really no other way a graveyard should feel. A group of individuals huddled around a wooden box over the six foot hole which seemed to never end. All of them stood in silence, reminiscing about the times when they had made their lives infinitely better. Their laugh never to be heard on the ears again, their smile never to dazzle onlookers, their eyes never to sparkle again in the sunlight.

A person stood sobbing into the warm embrace of a mother, the sound echoed through the other grieving guests. It was a site mirroring a Greek tragedy as the casket was lowered into the ground, the weight crushing all their hearts. Everyone stood to throw roses into the gaping hole that was to follow, they each tried to fill the hole whether it be in their heart or the ground. To be taken so young should be a crime. But there was nothing anyone could do, even the certain individual knew it was helpless. They were gone. Forever.

The priest said his ending verses before blessing the grave. Eulogies had been said before about how they had inspired them to pursue their dreams, to live in the moment because you never know when it might be your last. But it became their last in the end. 

Everyone dispensed from the site, wanting to forget what happened but the events were forever ingrained into their souls. Marking them as broken, unforgiving. The caring mother leaving a single person to their thoughts with a final squeeze.

Tears streamed down their face as they face the growing sense of emptiness. Pain, anger, sadness all emotions present in their eyes at once. It was a day for sorrow, a day they would never forget. Their gaze littered to the name engraved on the chunk of stone, a hole gaped from their chest.

Someone they cared about deeply had been ripped out from under their feet like a rug. Lying six feet under the sole of their expensive shoes. Everyone else had accepted that they were gone but the person refused to accept the facts. They simply couldn't.

With another sob threatening in their throat they say the final words anyone would be enthralled to hear, but this was not the time to be filled with happiness.

"I love you"

The eight letters were whisked away by the wind, scattering the words through out the world. The person steps away , turning their back on the person they could of had a future with. Could of. All that was left now was the unanswered questions left by their absense. 

But they didn't have a choice,

If only they weren't dead,

If only...

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT

A/N~ I wasn't going to post this until the new year but I couldn't help myself.

I honestly don't know when I'll update this but I'm busy ahead writing the chapters.

See you in the new year.
~batmankilledmycat