15 - Useless Advice

~*~

"Imperium in imperio"

-

"An empire within an empire."

~*~

15

"I fucked up. With a big capital fucking F."I sigh "I could blame you for this you know. But apparently I have a heart now. So fucking inconvenient."

"Damn straight you fucked up. Ow." Granny slaps Mikey upside the head, I stifle a laugh. Granny was always the only one who didn't take any of his bullshit.

"Thanks, I'm straighter than you in any means. Is the big bad boss afraid of his granny?" I say mockingly while Mikey glares.

"You know he is sweetie."

"I swear you like her more than your own grandson"

"What is there to like about you anyway?"

Ooh Mikey got burned. Like 3rd degree burn.

"Want some water to go with that burn?"

"Fuck you"

"You wish" I snort "Now can we talk about the real reason I came here to talk to the pair of you?"

"I've already gave you my insightful advice."

"I meant granny's Michelangelo." If looks could kill id be six foot under at least a thousand times by now.

"She's bullying me! Stop her granny."

These are the only times Mikey would ever step back from his boss persona around his sweet old dear grandma. He had to or else granny would kick his ass so hard their ancestors would feel it. Granny could be the sweetest most caring person on earth, until you pissed her off that is beware of the killer granny who would be your worst nightmare.

"Do I look like I actually care?"

"That hurts"

"Told you she loves me more than you."

"I can't deny that." Mikey looks shocked while I laugh in the corner. "Now what did you want to talk to me about. You've told me the story but I don't see a problem." I looked at her ludicrously.

"You don't see a problem in the fact I've lied to him? Protecting his family? Or an assassin at that?"

"By avoiding him you're hurting him, I can sense he likes you back"

Ever since the kiss last week I had begun avoiding Zach in all possible ways even going as far to cancel our tutoring sessions.

~*~

I couldn't stop thinking about that night on the ledge. Even when I was walking down the hallway I had been getting distracted and bumping into a lot of people. I've skilfully been avoiding Zach ever since that night, our tutoring session usually took place today after school but I had texted to cancel it. I couldn't face it, it would lead to me having to answer the question of me liking him back.

I ignored the fact that he had to like me. It made it easier to stay away from him, even if it hurt me emotionally. Leaning against my locker reading my English assigned book, I hadn't noticed him coming towards me too absorbed into the story. I couldn't run once he stood in front of me leaning his arms on either side of my head, trapping me. It makes me jump. Looking into his blue eyes he finally speaks

"Why are you avoiding me?"

"I'm not avoiding you." I stutter out

"Bullshit. You cancelled our tutoring session today."