11 - Subtlety is Key

~*~

"A fronte praeceipitium a tergo lupi"

-

"Between a rock and a hard place"

~*~

11

"The Clap?" I take a pause "You have the clap? Fuck."

"Yes. Fuck. I'd appreciate if you didn't announce it to the whole entire world, it might just damage my A game."

"But... Fuck I just lost a bet to Cortez. Damn it Vi I had faith in you?! Your manwhore instincts won. Cortez won't let me forget this." I whine

"Thanks for your concern" he states dryly.

"You know it" I wink. I can't believe I owe Cort 20 bucks. Sly bastard "But seriously how did you contract it? I thought your motto is 'wrap it before you tap it"

"I know, it's so frustrating he swore he was clean before it..." Vi trails off, I sigh

"You should know not to trust strange...-"my brain just clicked on to what he said. Vi is a deer caught in headlights. "Did you just say he?" I slowly get out.

He mumbles curses in Russian under his breath.

"Maybe..." if I've ever seen Vi look uneasy before it has nothing on him now. I would take a photo if I could.

"Since when did you prefer hotdog over sushi?" I ask in monotone. His attempt at stuttering out a response is actually pretty funny. My mask must break as he looks at me until he's laughing along with me.

"I think I might be bi."

"Well bro, I don't care where you stick it as long as we never have a repeat of the clap. And you wrap it instead of getting a pee stick that someone's mailed to you" I tease somewhat seriously

"Thanks I promise, but that doesn't change that I'll be without company for a while" he pouts. It's actually disgusting he looks like a kicked puppy.

"Poor you." I say with fake sympathy.

"Eliiiii?? You know what this means." A singing voice comes from behind me.

I was hoping that it would be postponed. He must have caught the end of the conversation. I reach into my pocket and bring out a crumpled 20 dollar bill handing it out behind me. Cort snatches it from my hand as he walks past giving Vi a welcome pat on the shoulder.

"Don't give up your ways brother." He says to Vi gloating.

"I think your all hormonal idiots." Ace announces coming from where Cort was, he's still laughing going down the hall. He says over his shoulder

"Trusting a guy to say he's clean? Rookie-mistake there bro."

~*~

I'm glad I wasn't intimidated by the Barbie that is Michelle Avery. I was at my locker minding my own business when she makes her way over to me swinging her hips with tweedle dum and tweedle dee at her sides. This will be good, I can already feel it in my bones. She smiles maliciously at me as the group comes to a stop at my side. I recognise the look in her eyes I've had it many times when I'm about to gut someone from the inside it. I think she means it in a metaphorical sense though. My way is much more physical.

As she opens her mouth my eyes are immediately drawn to the lipstick smudge on her teeth before anything else. I only caught the end of the pointless spiel she's spouting, it was more of that cliché shit I mentioned earlier.