22

4th of July pt 1;

14 years old

Happiness lit up the backyard.

Parents laughed around the bonfire and the kids splashed around in the lake.

Then everything went downhill.

"And for you,I wish I never met you!"She screamed at us while collecting her things.

"It was a joke we are sorry"I exclaim.

"You are going to have to do a bit more then apologise"She mumbles while walking towards the door.

"By the way Brennan we are over"Layla screamed slamming the door behind her.

Rewind

_____

Earlier that night

"Cannonball"Nick screamed splashing Ava and I who were floating around in the lake.

"Hey love birds,coming in or what?"Ava screams at Brennan and Layla who were lounging on the chairs by the dock.

"I have no swimmers on!"Layla screams back.

Suddenly Brennan tugs Layla and they both jump in.

Once Layla arrived to the top of the water she splashed Brennan in the face.

"I'll go and get changed into my bathers"Layla says hopping out and walking towards the house.

"Let's prank her"Nick smiles.

"How?"Ava asks clueless

"We should all pretend to talk behind her back and make sure she hears and when she does we yell "prank"Nick explains.

"Yes,this will be funny"Brennan laughs.

We all head into the lounge room and once we head my bedroom door open and close again we quickly started talk about her.

"I swear she has fake boobs"Ava starts.

"And ass"Nick adds.

"Also a cake face"I say

"And most likely hair extensions"Brennan says.

"She needs to start being a bit nicer to everyone as well"Nick states

"I know right"Ava agrees

"One day I bet she will somehow end up like a drag queen"A fake laugh to play along.

"Yeah I mean she probably uses me for fame to kick off her drag queen career"Brennan says.

"Nice to know I have good friends"Layla say while peeking around the corner with a bikini and dress on.

"Prank!"Nick yells

Her face stays blank.Her eyes watered and a tear dropped down her cheek.

We all immediately huddle around her.

"Go away!"She screams walking to her bag near the couch.

"Lays,it was a joke you have to trust me on this one"Brennan says following her while us three watch.

"You know what's a joke!You as a boyfriend"She yells at him.

_____________

Now

Brennan ran out the back and down to the dock,the parents were having to much fun didn't even realise.

Ava and Nick follow behind me.

"Can I speak to him alone please?"I ask them both.

"Yes,of corse"Ava says while dragging Nick over to the trampoline.
I sat down beside Brennan small faint sobs cried into my ears.

What did we do?