9

Winners are kissers?;

10 years old.

"Nervous?"I ask playfully punching Brennan in the forearm.

"Nooooooooo"He says in a high pitched nervous voice.

I give him the look to say 'your lying'.

"Yesssssssss"He says letting out a huge sigh.

Today was the day I supported Brennan in his first soccer match.

"What if they think I suck and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing?"He expression was clear he was more nervous then I thought.

"Hey,don't say that Brennan.You out of anyone should know not to give up,and besides I'll be there every step of the way,just breathe and you'll be fine"I say laying my head on his shoulder.

"Thanks Ans but what if they laugh"He sighs

"They laugh,I punch"I giggle

"Annie!"Miss Jill laughs along with me.

"Sorry Miss Jill but if your son is going to be a crybaby and not stick up for himself then I will"I laugh with her while Brennan was still curled up in a ball trying to hide the smiles escaping his mouth.

Once we pulled up as the fields Brennan's hands started to shake.

I walked beside him the whole time until it was time to play.

"Good luck"I smile as he runs on the field.

The time past until half time,Brennan's team were down by 9.

Once he came over and got a drink I held my hand out for a high five.

"You suck"I smile

"I know thanks"He laughed back.

"Nah,you did really good and don't be nervous"I smile and he smiles back.

He quickly made his way to the team huddle and before I knew it they were playing again.

I have gotten used to all the blushing and butterflies that I am now able to control.We were 10 now,2 long years and I'm still stuck in what feels like quick sand.On the other hand he was also the my bestfriend,the only person I trust and care for.Brennan is Brennan and that's what I love him for.

The last 30 seconds of the game had arrived.Brennan and his team were drawing with the others.

Brennan was kicked the ball by a dirty blonde team mate.Brennan was terrified,his face expressions tolled me the story which he has always been good at.

He head turned to me.Our eyes immediately connected like magnets."Breathe"I mouth and I see his chest move up and down in a clam pace.

He takes my words to concentrate.He swerved the ball past the players.

"This is it"I whisper to myself as the crowds gasps waiting for his foot to make the decision on the ending score.

"5,4,3,2-"The crowds words were interrupted by the whistle.

Everyone clapped and cheered for Brennan and that when it got through my head that he has just kicked the winning goal.

I cover my hands over my mouth from how surprised I was.I look did over at him to see hands patting his back.

Once everyone way clear he ran up to me full speed.I take my hand away from my mouth and opened my arms.

"You did it Brennan,you won!"I squealed as he lifts me up off my feet and spins me around.

"All because of you"He smiles and put me down.

"I'm so proud Brennan"I smile still with my hands on his shoulders.

He looked around for a second and then shock spread through my as he kissed my cheek.

"Why did you do that?"I ask as he quickly stood back up straight.

"Couldn't help it"He laughed

HEY,BRANNIE HE BEGUN