11

Goodbye Caleb;

10 years old

Caleb passed away only 2 hours ago at 7:08pm.

Hayley,Mom and Dad were all sitting by each other mourning the death of our family member.

As for me I wanted to sit in the corner and think,think about the good things he did and had in life not that he just lost it.

I stared out the window of the hospital waiting room blankly with absolutely no emotion.

I kept checking my phone for messages from Brennan.

He and his family were on there way but traffic was holding them up.

Every single time the door opened my eyes would unlock from the window and towards the door to check if Brennan was here because he was the only person I needed right now.

The door flung open and my head forced its way I that direction,It was Brennan and his family all filled with puffy red eyes.

Brennan and I ran towards each other and wrapped our arms for a hug,that's when I broke.

All the tears I was holding in these past two hours just flooded on Brennan's shoulder.

"Th-th-th-th-than-an-k-k-s"I speak roughly through tears

"Shhh,don't talk just let it out"Brennan says rubbing his hand around in a circle motion on my back to comfort me but even then when he spoke his voice was cracking in sadness.

So that's what I did,I cried until my tears ran out.

_________

By now we had all made it back to our house.

Brennan never left my side these whole 10 hours since it happened.

It was now around six in the morning and not one person in the house got sleep.

Katie,Ryan and there parents left around 1am but u refused to let go of Brennan so he stayed.

"You should sleep"I mumble to Brennan as he plays with my hair and my head was on his lap.

"No way,not until I know for sure you are okay"He mumbles back.

"You can sleep,it's not like I will go anywhere or I want too"I sigh and get comfortable again.

"Okay but wake me up in a hour"He sighs back at me.

"Pffffffft try 8 hours"I mumble,I would have smiled or laughed even smirked a bit but I honestly couldn't I just hurt to do so.

"Promise you won't move"

"You didn't even move a muscle all last night,you really think I wouldn't do the same for you"I say lifting my head off of his lap.

I leaned in and kissed his cheek.

"Couldn't help it"I sigh and lay back down and we both fall asleep surprisingly.