21

Days before;

14 years old

4th of July;where do I begin?

2 days before the 4th of July

Hayley and I silently chomped on our breakfast cereal while mom yapped on about the recent episode of her favourite tv show which included a massive party(that was the only bit of information I gathered)and Hayley and I tried our hardest to follow along with her words.

"Speaking of party's,do you guys want a few friends over?"Mom asks as Hayley and I's eyes lit up.

"But don't worry about Brennan,Katie and Ryan because they are already coming"Mom said as she begun to stack the dish washer.

"Um I'll invite 3 more friends"I say

"Who?"mom asks not taking her eyes away from the dishes in front of her.

"Layla,Nick and Ava"I exclaim.

Ava was a new girl I met in social studies,she has been hanging out with us lately so we are now a tight group of five.

Ava was my only really close friend that was a girl because basically Brennan was my only go to.

"I'll invite Tessa and Lilly"Hayley exclaimed while swirling around the lucky charms sitting in her bowl waiting to be eaten.

Beep

"That's miss Jill,bye mom,bye hay,BYE DAD"I yell through the house at the end so dad could hear from his bedroom and quickly rushed outside and into the car.

________

As Brennan and I walked down the halls I explained about the 'get together' would would be holding.

"Sounds cool,I'm exited"He smiles.

And then we spotted the other three but Layla ran into Brennan's arms even before we could see them.

"Hey babe"She grins at him.

"I think I'm going to be sick"I whisper to Nick and Ava who both know I'm not fond of their relationship.

"Get a room"Nick says and pushes Layla and Brennan closer to each other.

I nudge Nick and give him a glare.Ava and Nick are the only one that know I like Brennan,a lot.

Nick told me why he tried to kiss me around a year ago.He said that he thought I liked Brennan and if I kissed him it was obvious I didn't like Brennan that way but Nick eventually figured it out and now we hardly remember that moment.

Nick laughs as Ava and I roll our eyes at him.

"Are you guys done?"I ask Brennan and Layla as they stupidly stood there flirting and dazing at each other.

"Oh yep sorry"Brennan says and scrambles away from her.

"Sooo Brennan already knows but you guys are all invited to my house on the 4th of July for a sleepover"I say as everyone gets exited.

"I'll ask mom after school"Ava says happily

"Yeah same"Layla and Nick both agree

_____________

4th of July

We had a trail of glow sticks from the deck to the dock.All the parents huddled around the bonfire and dad cooked dinner on the grill with Mr mike.

Us kids jumped in the lake and spa,jumped on the trampoline and so far tonight has been the best,but little did I know that 'best' would turn to 'worst'

but in some way still the best.

Find out what happens next chapter😊