7

I always win;

9 years old

"What's for dinner tonight?"I ask Brennan as we walk down the halls of school.

Ever since my mom got a new job her work hours have been different and she hasn't been able to pick me up and neither has dad but as I'm only 9 mom doesn't trust me home alone.Caleb normally is a baseball training and Hayley comes with me and normally plays with Brennan's little brother Ryan who is only one year younger then her.

"I don't know,all I know is that we will have to catch up on a plate full of homework"He smile a sarcastic smile.

See that's what I mean,little things are the cutest.

"Well I've already caught up looks like your the slowpoke"I smirk.

"Okay,okay you win"He laughs rolling his eyes playfully.

"I always win,mind you"I laugh at him.

"Yeah,yeah I'll win one day you just watch"He chuckles.

I stare at him and I could sense how uncomfortable he was.

"What?"He asks still managing to pull of his cute smile.

"You told me to watch,butttty from what I'm seeing it won't be any time soon"I tease him and playful hit his arm.

"Whatever Julianna,we have to go"He laughs at me.

"Brennan"I sigh

"What now"He smiles

"My name"I roll my eyes playfully

"Sorry,ANNIE"He says raising his eyebrows before we continue to make our way to the front doors of the school to be picked up by miss Jill.