16

Sunsets and romance;

12 years old

"How was school?"Ask Miss Jill as we began our journey on the way back to their house.

"Good"I lie keeping my eyes planted on all the trees zooming past us.

"Amazing"Brennan said happily

"Oh,what happened today then Brennan"She said turning on the camera and giving it to Katie to film us.

Katie sat in the front with Miss Jill while Brennan and I were piled in the seats behind them.

"Private"He mumbles pointing his finger at the camera.

Katie switches in off and say it in her lap and spun around to hear the rest of the story.

"I asked Layla on my first date"He said smiling from ear to ear.

Katie immediately connected her eyes to mine,my head softly shook from side to side and my head spin towards the window again and didn't move until the car pulled up at our destination.

We all headed inside and put down our things.

I now have a draw of my own in Brennan's room that I keep all my clothes that I need to stay here with.

I walked into Brennan's room and sat my bag down by his fold-out couch that is one to my two beds.

I went through my draw and searched for some comfy clothes,which I ended up pulling out a white romper that surprisingly hasn't got a stain on it yet.

__________

As Brennan and I sat antisocially on our phones my head looked out side for a moment and the sunset caught my eye.

"Woah"I whisper absolutely stunned.

"What?"Brennan asks looking at me.

"Look,it's so beautiful"I say getting my butt off Brennan's bean bag that I also like to call mine and walk towards the window.

Brennan motions off his bed and stood next to me."let's go have a better look"Brennan smiles

"What do you mean?"I ask a tad confused

"Dock"He replied and it immediately clicked.

"Oh"I say dumbfounded

We both walked outside and made our way to the end of the dock to peacefully sit down on.

Our legs swings back and forth over the edge as we looked up at the multicoloured sky.

"Remember when we were sitting here like this and you told me that Sharks were in this water and when you hung your legs over the side they would come and eat your legs."I ask looking at him directly.

"Yeah"He laughs

"Hey,that not something to laugh about.I believed you for 2 straight years,you basically torched me"I say playfully punching his arm.

"Ow"He wined"Was that really necessary"He laughs rubbing his arm.

"2 long years"I remind him

"Okay fine,I deserved it"He confesses"happy?"He speaks again.

"Never been better"I smile uncontrollably.

After long and deep conversations we realised it was getting dark.

"We should go inside"Brennan says looking at the water beneath us.

"Yeah"I sigh

Brennan begun to move to reach to his feet.

"Wait"I stopped him

"What?"He asked as we made eye contact.

If anytime was great to tell him I liked him it would me know,so that what I was going to do.

"I-I-I"I lost my words...and my brain

My lips met his.My first kiss.I would occasionally practice on my pillow but it was nothing like this.Surprisingly we kept going even through we probably looked awkward because it was our first kiss I loved every moment of it,Brennan however...