Thirty Nine

Luke

He wiped the floor and cleaned up all of the shattered glass on the floor carefully.

He throw all of the glass in to the bin and went to get a new glass, a plastic one, he poured the orange juice in to his glass, sighing when the cold liquid running in his throat.

He looked at the clock on the wall above the fridge, seeing it was already 2.40 and Ashton would be out of work in 20 minutes.

He made sure his car keys was in his pocket before heading to the garage, whistling to a song.

"Bro, where you going?" Dustin asked making him stop on his track.

He looked at Dustin who has red nose and messy hair with blanket around his body, he cringed at that.

"I'm gonna pick Ashton up, why?" he furrowed his brows, walking ahead.

"Hey!" his twin shouted.

He groaned, running a hand through his hair, "What?"

"I, uh, maybe he could pick a taxi." the twin said unsure.

"Why? I have my car." he pulled on a funny face.

"It's raining hard ya'kno, maybe, I could pick him up, you stay here." Dustin said, biting his lip.

"Woah, what do you mean? Don't break the bro code, dude, if you have a thing for my boy, please leave and find another boy and rain doesn't stop me from seeing him." Luke defend.

He didn't even know why he was still standing there making conversation with his brother, he could be late to pick Ashton up.

"No wait," Dustin shouted from another room but he kept walking away, "I'll go with you."

He got in the car, putting his seatbelt on, starting the engine, waiting for it to get warmed up.

Dustin knocked at his window, "Let me go with you." he mouthed.

He opened the window, "Nah, we'll make out in the car, bye."

He shifted the gears before starting to drive away, leaving Dustin behind yelling "Be careful!"

He rolled his eyes at that, it was raining hard outside so he turned off the ac, he pulled out his phone from his pocket, dialing Ashton's number and waited for Ashton to pick up.

"Ash." he smiled widely when he heard muffling sound.

"Hey, where are you?" he heard the boy spoke.

"I'm on my way to you," he chuckled, "Can't wait to cuddle with you."

"Aw, I can't wait too, it's getting cold here, why would thunder storm come in summer." he could pictured Ashton pouting and wrapping his arms around himself.

"Aw, baby, it's the global warming thingy, don't worry, I'll be there in like 10 and then we can go to my house and then we cuddle while we listen to the 1975." he grinned.

"Yay can't wait." Ashton said cheerfully.

He leaned forwards and squinted his eyes, trying to focus on the rather dark road as he managed to keep his phone to his ear, the windshield started to get foggy from inside.

"I miss you." he frowned, wiping the windshield with his palm.

"Don't worry, I'll see you in ten like you said." Ashton giggled on the other line.

"I will always miss you." he said squinting his eyes again when he saw a red light and a girl crossing the road, "Oh shit."

He pushed his foot on the brakes, turning the steer to the right with both of his hands and one still holding his phone tight.

He could heard Ashton screaming what happen as the car spin because of the wet road.

All he could see was him hugging Ashton tight to his chest before his car hit a tree, making his head bang on the steering wheel and everything went black.

✱✱✱

My eyes watering.