Twelve

Ashton

He ignored his phone and Luke's text for a while, he needed to think.

He was fighting back the tears, he dialed Calum and that he needed to get there as soon as possible, alone.

"Ash," Calum called, once he saw Ashton on the couch curled up into a ball he quickly hugged him, "What's wrong?" but Ashton kept sobbing onto Calum's sweater, "You know, I don't like seeing you all sad and tears all over your face." Calum tried.

Ashton finally looked up at Calum, his eyes were puffy, Calum reach and wiped the tears away.

"The guy Luke," he said between sobs, "I told him I like him."

"Shh, it's okay." Calum reassured.

"No," his voice shook, "He didn't even like boys, Calum." he continued.

"Oh." Calum said.

The room was silence for a few seconds, just Ashton sobbing and Calum's breathing.

"You should find another guy." Calum decided.

Knowing Luke was the first since Ashton's last relationship and it was 2 years ago, Ashton just couldn't find anyone that have the vibe.

"But, he's the first one after 2 years." he explained.

"Oh," Calum said almost forgot about that, "How about you take that easy? You told him you like him, leave that, just let it flow, just uh, hangout with him, maybe he catch feelings."

Ashton thought about it for seconds.

"Okay," he nodded and hug Calum tighter, "Thank you."

"Anytime, Ash." Calum said kissing his best friend's forehead.

Then his phone went off, he swiped the screen.

Luke

But you're kind and atteractive
Maybe I could change my mind
Who knows you might turn me into gay
I could try.

"Is it from him?" Calum asked.

"Yeah." he sniffled.

"What it says?" Ashton gave his phone to Calum as he read the text silently, "See, I told you."

"What should I say?"

Calum grabbed Ashton's phone again and start texting.

Luke

Okay

"What you say?" Ashton grabbed his phone, "Just an 'okay'?" Ashton asked.

"Let just see what happens next." Calum smirked making Ashton groan, "C'mon, you seems like you need an ice cream, get your shoes, it's on me." he pulled Ashton off of the couch.

"I need to wash my face, can't go out like this."

"Okay okay," Ashton nodded and run to the bathroom, "Hurry up."

When they arrived at the ice cream parlor, Calum ordered a chocolate ice cream and Ashton ordered a strawberry milkshake with vanilla ice cream on top and then they looked for a seat.

"Ashton." someone called, both Ashton and Calum turned their heads.

"Luke?" Ashton couldn't see quite right, he has taken off his lens and didn't wear glasses, but he was sure it was Luke's voice.