Chapter Forty Two

Chapter Forty Two: Damon

Violet's P.O.V.

The final bell rang and I sighed. That was like the worst day ever. I was three seconds later for class than usual, I got a 99 instead of a 100, the cafeteria was out of food by the time I got there, and worst of all, Damon didn't show up to any of his classes.

I trudged out of my classroom and outside fighting all of the hallway traffic. I felt like I was in high school again. I finally made it out the doors, but I bumped into someone. All of my books fell and I sighed. It really was like high school all over again. I bent down to pick them up without looking up.

"I'm sorry," I said while still picking up my books. I heard nothing for a moment and I wondered if they had left.

"I'm Josh," he said. His voice was low and husky.

"Violet," I said while looking up finally finishing picking everything up. Once I caught a glimpse of him, I backed up a step. He had a leather jacket, skinny jeans, a beanie and the signature smirk. Ace's looked better though. Worst of all, he put out a smoke right then and there. He seemed to notice my step back because he took one forward. I sighed taking another back which he countered with two more steps forward.

"Come on, I don't bite, hard that is," he said winking, his smirk not faltering. I rolled my eyes. What a grasshole. I was not in the mood to deal which him and his creepy thoughts.

"I'm sure I'd catch something if you did," I muttered under my breath. He came closer pinning me against the wall behind us. I internally groaned.

"You know, you're pretty feisty. I like it," he said looking me up and down. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. Really wanting to leave, I did the one thing I knew how to do. I batted my eyelashes and twirled a piece of my hair.

"I'm sure you have a girlfriend," I said in my most innocent tone. He leaned in to my ear. I shivered as he blew on my ear. Did he even know how disgusting he was?

"I do," he whispered. I took my chance to dip under his arm and start walking again.

"Then maybe you should go find her," I said. I left him there astounded, but it was okay because he wouldn't recognize me once I was back in my normal clothes.

I walked back to my dorm and looked up to see Ace folding my laundry. I laughed.

"When I said that I hadn't done my laundry yet, I wasn't telling you to do it," I said. He nodded.

"Yes, but this way, you never forget to do it and you can wear your normal clothes in public," he said and I shook my head putting all of my stuff away.

"What about your book signing?" I asked. He shook his head.

"It got moved to next week," he said and I smiled. I heard a knock at the door and sighed. I walked over and opened the door seeing Damon standing there.

Before I could register what was happening, Damon was kissing me. I was so shocked that I couldn't move for a second. I pulled away and looked at him.

"What was that man?" Ace asked from behind me. I moved out of the way letting Damon in. He walked up to Ace.

"I don't think that you deserve her. You're a liar, cheater, player, dirtbag, and frankly, I just don't like you," he said. I sighed. Wrong move Damon. I saw the look in Ace's eyes, and I knew what was coming. I lunged in front of Damon before Ace could throw the punch.

"Don't hit him," I said, although it came out like a cry for help. Ace sighed.

"What are you defending him?" he asked calmly, like he knew that I would.

"He is the only friend that I've got. I know that it's complicated, but I'll deal with it. Just don't hit him," I rambled. Ace sighed.

"Fine," he agreed reluctantly. Damon leaned in close to me.

"Thanks, and I'm sorry," he whispered. I nodded hugging him. He smiled and he left leaving me alone with Ace. I flopped back on my bed and Ace joined me.

"Movie time?" he asked.

"Movie time," I confirmed. He found a movie on Netflix and put it on. I yawned and rolled over.

"Coffee," I said while groaning. Ace chuckled and I felt the rumble in his chest as he did so. He paused the movie and stood up. He walked out and I knew that he was going to get coffee. I smiled at how sweet he was and my phone buzzed. I looked over at it to see a call from my mom. I hadn't talked to her since before I went to see Ace.

"How was your trip?" she asked as soon as I answered. I sighed. No way I was explaining it. My secret for now.

"It was great. He came back with me," I said and she laughed. She didn't need the whole long story, and honestly, I wasn't in the mood to tell it.

"That's great," she said.

"What's on your mind?" I asked. I always knew when something was up with my mom.

"I met someone," she said. My eyes widened and I couldn't keep in the squeal. I rolled around on my bed and sat up.

"That's amazing," I said and she giggled. Ace walked in and I smiled.

"Hey mom, Ace is here, can I call you back?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm going on a date anyway. Love you," she said before hanging up. Ace handed me my coffee and got back into bed.

"What's with the smile? Or are you just happy to see me?" he asked smirking.

"My mom met someone," I said taking a sip.

"That's great," he said and I nodded. He played the movie and I snuggled into his chest. 

A/N: Hey guys!! I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and I don't know if all of you will see it, but I hope that you do. It isn't crucial to the story line, but it gives some input into some things. I hope that you enjoyed reading it and that you all read through it. Don't forget to vote comment and share.