Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven:That stupid bet

Ace's POV

"Ah so I guess you won the bet then huh Ace," Chase said. My eyes got really wide and she backed away from me. The boys were dressed so I was assuming it was time to go home.

"What bet?" she asked him. I had forgotten the they were even here. I pleaded with my eyes for him not to say anything else. He wasn't looking at me.

"The one where Ace gets you to kiss him sweetheart. I wasn't good enough, so now I see why," he said to her. He turned to me. I couldn't believe this was even happening. I literally just got her back, and it was all crumbling to pieces. And after the whole story with Kyle, I felt like an ass. I had forgotten about the bet until Chase brought it up, but she already thought I was just like everybody else.

"I guess I owe you a hundred bucks then huh," he said. Her eyes flashed over to me. I saw how hurt she was. It broke my heart piece by piece. She turned around and swam to shore. And started running. I followed her up to shore. I was about to run after her, but Chase stopped me.

"Here. It was probably easy to get her to kiss you anyway. I mean I did it, Kyle did it. Looks like you were actually the last of the group," Chase said with a hundred bucks in his hand. I grabbed the collar of his shirt, and my teeth gritted together.

"I...kissed...her. Get it through your thick skull. Also, don't you ever...talk about my girl like that again," I said. What did I just say? She wasn't my girl, and I didn't want her to be. I didn't do the whole relationship thing...anymore. She was just fun.

"Come on man. Stop joking around. We know you would never kiss her unless it was a bet," he said. That put me over the top. I dropped his collar a threw the hardest punch I ever had. I turned around and stormed after her. Chase was never really my friend, but Kyle was, and frankly I didn't feel like seeing either of them.

"Violet please slow down. Let me explain!!!!" I yelled to her. She turned around and the look on her face was enough to make me want to fall to knees.

"There's nothing to explain, Ace. You bet on me, just like Kyle did. Not only that, but to get me to kiss you, so all that crap you said and did was fake! I get it. You don't know me, but you do know what Kyle did to me, and you didn't even care. That makes it worse," She screamed at me as loud as she could and turned back around. 

She took off the necklace and threw it on the ground. She sounded mad, but I knew that she had started crying. She went faster, and this time she did have the keys. She got in the car and drove off.

She sure could run fast, and now she was in a car. I knew that I would never catch her, but I had to try.

I took off after the car. I ran until I couldn't breathe. I caught my breath, and took off again. I could hear Kyle and Joey yelling that I was crazy and to come back, but I couldn't. I knew, even back then, that it was stupid, and cliche to like her so much, but I didn't care about how other people thought about it. All that mattered was what Violet thought and she was currently going forty five miles an hour down a highway thinking I betrayed her.

She finally stopped and got gas. I got my breathing under control, and then went over there, even though I felt like she had run over my lungs.

"Violet, I'm sorry," I said to her. She jumped a little and I could tell she didn't know I was there.

"Really? You're sorry? I can't even begin to understand how you thought what you did was okay," she screamed.

"Violet, please just listen," I said. She stopped in front of me and I could see the tear lines from her crying.

"You have one minute, and I swear to God if you try to tell me you didn't do anything wrong I will never speak to you again," she said. I couldn't bear that thought.

"I bet one you because I thought it would be easy," I started but she cut off.

"Easy?! Yeah you're helping yourself so much. Time deduction to 20 seconds," She said sarcastically. 

"Let me finish. I thought it would be easy to get you to kiss me and then never talk to you again," I started again, and again, she cut me off.

"That makes it so much better," she said sarcastically.

"I said, let me finish. I owed Chase something, something really big. I knew it was wrong, but against, I owed him. I didn't know about Kyle back then, and I swear I had already taken an interest in you before that. Then I got to know you as more than the nerd in the white jacket. I realized that you are amazing, and fun, and you remind me of everything pure in the world. I forgot all about the bet. And I kissed you remember? That already disqualified me from winning. I let you brand your logo into my shoulder, trust me, I like you. Honestly, I think this is gonna sound weird, but I feel like I've known you forever, and I just want to be close to you. I'll just be your friend if that's really what you want. And I am really really sorry I di-" I was cut off by her once again. But this time, she was kissing me. And I liked it. So much relief and happiness overwhelmed me as my hand wrapped around her waist. She would never cease to amaze me.

A/N: This chapter is really short and I am sorry but please deal with it. It's really late. If you enjoyed vote comment and share.