Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen: Old friend

Violet's P.O.V.

Ray and I went back to my house and sat on my bed after a small reunion with my mom. We talked about Jade who I barely hung out with anymore. We also talked about my grades. Then we talked about his and he was failing math and it reminded me of Ace. He asked me to tutor him and of course I agreed.

A few minutes later when he went to looked down, he noticed the tattoo on my ankle.

"When did you get a tattoo?" he asked.

"A while ago I guess. I don't remember," I lied knowing exactly when it was.

"Why did you get a spade?" he asked.

"It was a dare from my boy-" I caught myself. "ex-boyfriend Ace. Well, he was never really my boyfriend so I guess it was just a dare from a guy I liked. It's complicated. He lives across the way," I said, stumbling on what to call Ace.

"Awwwwww. My little baby is all grown up, dating boys and getting tattoos!" He yelled hugging me.

"Yup. That's me," I answered leaning on his shoulder and a tear slipped down my cheek as I realized that he hugged like Ace. He is all that's on my mind.

"When can I meet this Ace?" he asked. Just when I was about to say never, my window opened.

"Now," Ace said. "Who are you and why are you here?" he asked is if he was the gate keeper to my room.

"I'm Ray, Violet's best friend. Got a problem?" Ray questioned putting his arm around my shoulder. Ray pulled me onto his lap to make Ace jealous and I whimpered. I hadn't seen this coming.

My face turned a million shades of red and Ace must have seen it. Ace's eyes turned cold.

"Get your hands off of my girl now!" he said through gritted teeth.

"Make me," he said. I didn't like where this was going.

"I will," Ace declared standing up.

He walked over to me and kissed me. I was confused as to how this would help the situation. Ray jumped up and tried to punch Ace, which I guess he had anticipated. Ace caught it and looked Ray dead in the eye.

"I told you I would make you," Ace taunted Ray with a smirk. Boys were such weird creatures. I felt like they didn't even know I was there, like if I got up and walked out they would keep fighting without noticing.

Ray broke from Ace's grip and punched him in the side of the face. Ace quickly recovered and he looked over at me and winked. Somehow I knew what he was about to say before he said it, and I wanted to stop them from fighting. I felt like I had won first row tickets to WWE show that I didn't want to be at.

"Thanks, now it's only self defence," Ace said.

Ace flew across and closed the space between him and Ray with a bone crushing punch. Ray recovered and punched Ace in the stomach. Ace punched Ray back in the same spot and Ray was down for the count.

Ace walked over to me and asked me if I was okay. For the first time since we got them, I saw his tattoo.

"Yeah. I'm fine now. We would have been fine, you didn't have to do that," I answered. He nodded, but I knew he wasn't buying it.

"Is he gonna be okay? He is still my friend, regardless of his recent actions, and I'm concerned," I stated looking down at Ray. Ace reassured me he would be fine, but I wasn't so sure. I looked up at him, and he met my gaze.

"I want to be your girlfriend," I said suddenly and even I was taken aback.

"What?" he said shocked.

"You heard me. I think the way we've been going about things is toxic and not very healthy. I want a fresh start. Fully committed, no misunderstandings, just you and me. If you can't do that, that's okay. I'm giving you an out now. But if you want to be my boyfriend, this is your shot," I said and waited nervously for his response. He leaned in to kiss me and I pushed him back.

"I need you to say it first," I said. "Fully committed, and I need you to agree. These are my terms and conditions," I said with a shy smile.

"I agree to the terms and conditions you little whack job. I love you, and would love to be your boyfriend," he said with a smile, and then I leaned in a kissed him. Hard. Not that he was complaining.

"I thought you didn't do bad boys," he said.

"Well, only for you," I said. He smiled.

"I thought you didn't do good girls," I said.

"Well, you're not a saint so, I guess it's ok," he said smiling.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you too," he said. We both smiled. Ray got up, and I was startled, I had forgotten he was even there. I let go of Ace, to his dismay, and led him downstairs sending him on his way with some frozen peas I would never eat and then I walked back upstairs.

A/N: Super short chapter but it was still sweet. Do you think Violet made the right choice forgiving Ace? Vote comment and share.