Chapter Four

Chapter Four: After Math

Violet's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. It was dark. I didn't know what time it was, or where I was. My arms felt heavy. I walked over and turned on the lights. Then I saw Ace sitting in a chair by the bed asleep. Awww. Was he here with me the whole time? What am I 'awwing' ?! Ugh. would you shut up already brain? This guy literally left you at a party and...wait a minute. What happened? Why was I in a bedroom with Ace in the first place?

I walked over and sat back on the bed and put my earnings that were on the side table back in. I looked up to see Ace staring at me. I gave him a confused looked as he laughed a little. He looked at me again. Into me eyes. Almost like he studying them. I was getting a little flustered under the intensity of the stare.

"Have your eyes always been blue?" he asked me with a questioning tone. Oh yeah, my contacts.

"Yes. I just wear brown contacts all the time," I answer honestly. Most people already knew that about me if they had known me in middle school. I guess it just seemed like common knowledge at this point.

"Why?" he asked me another question. He asked the question like it was the hardest one on a math test and he couldn't believe it even existed.

"I don't know. I just do. I guess people like them better that way? When I was in middle school, everyone was always staring at my eyes and teasing me. There was only a couple other kids with colored eyes, but mine were always the brightest. They said I looked weird," I answered shrugging my shoulders. Again, all this seemed like common knowledge, it was weird explaining it again.

"They stared at you because you're beautiful, and they teased you because they were jealous," he said. The sincerity in his tone threw me off and my cheeks got hot. I felt my heart skip, I think I might have had butterflies. What was he talking about? No one had ever called me beautiful except my mom, and that didn't count.

I stood up and went over to the bathroom mirror. My purse was on the counter, so I popped in my dark brown contacts. I looked into the mirror again. I fixed my hair slightly and apply some tinted ChapStick. I looked at my clothes. They were trashed.

I came out of the bathroom and sat on the bed again. I looked at Ace and he looked disappointed when he saw the contacts. 

"What?" I asked tilting my head to the side.

"Nothing. You were just really pretty with your natural blue eyes," A slight blush came to his face and he looked away. A few things came to mind. First of all, why was he blushing, and how was that even possible. And second of all, what was his deal with my eyes? That was also the second time today that he had called me pretty. What was going on with him?

"Thanks, I guess, but what I hear you saying is that I'm not pretty with brown eyes, and now my feelings are deeply wounded," I replied, hand over my heart and feigned sadness across my face. He made eye contact with me and his eyes were piercing. I dropped my hand and looked away from his gaze. He mumbled something under his breathe that I didn't catch and I was getting flustered. He had such an effect on me it was sad.