Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven: Are you kidding?

Violet's POV

I stormed off into my house after that little incident. I seriously couldn't take it anymore. Living next door to him was bad enough, and I couldn't even complain about him as 'my ex' becasue he never really was. Good thing graduation was soon. He would probably fail anyway. He sucked at math.

I woke up the next morning and I dressed a bit differently. I put on a tight black strapless dress, black high heels, and my make up. I put on eyeliner, mascara, silver eye shadow, and dark red lipstick. I knew I had curves, I just had never wanted people staring at me in the hallway. At that moment, I didn't care. I told Ace I wasn't going to be a nerd anymore. Well, at least I wasn't going to seem like one.

When I arrived at school, I got my things and headed to my first class. My teacher pulled me aside and told me I would have to be Ace's tutor.

Oh my gosh. He just wouldn't leave me alone! I looked at the lesson that was on the board and realized it was the one I had done last month.

I told the teacher I was going to have to go to the nurse, she gave me a slip, though I'm not sure she believed me. I didn't really have a stomach ache or a cough, but Ace sat next to me in class. Blah. I didn't feel like seeing him.

The nurse let me go home but I was soon being followed by Ace. Weird that he kept popping up everywhere.

"What are you doing here?" I asked annoyed. Maybe if I talked, he would've left me alone.

"What are you wearing?" he questioned and gaped at my outfit.

"I'm not a nerd anymore. I told you that," I replied.

"Yes you are. You always will be. Your look won't change the way you feel about school," he insisted. I knew he was right, so I changed the subject.

"Like I said, what are doing here?" I spat out at him.

"I ditched," he said. I rolled my eyes.

"You shouldn't do that," I declared.

"And you shouldn't pretend to be be someone you're not," he argued.

"This is who I am now," I insisted.

To my surprise, he pinned me against a wall and kissed me. I missed the feeling of his lips on mine. I kissed back, and he deepened it. My hands made their way up to his hair. His hands were around my waist. I had never felt the way I felt about Ace with Kyle. We kissed, we did a lot more than kissing actually, but it never felt so electric.

I realized what was happening and pulled away. He looked me dead in the eye.

"See. This isn't who you are," he said, as though he had won. I looked at him confused.

"Girls who dress like that at our school are always all over me. They would never stop me from kissing them, and you stopped me," he explained.