Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty: The drive

Violet's POV

I woke up to my incredibly loud alarm clock that I wanted to smash with a hammer. I walked over and grabbed the outfit I left out of my bag for today. It was black Pierce the Veil T-shirt and blue jeans. I got in the shower, brushed my hair and teeth, and then put the outfit on.

I had packed my stuff last night, but I grabbed my purse for the essentials like my phone and charger. I got a sandwich bag from the kitchen and put my tooth brush and stuff in it so they wouldn't be contaminated by the stuff in my suitcase. I threw them in and made my mom some breakfast.

I put it all on a tray and carried it up to her room. I quietly opened her door and woke her up. She opened her eyes slowly and groggily.

"Good morning dear," she stated.

"Morning mom. I have to leave soon, but I made you some breakfast and wanted to say goodbye," I explained.

"Awww. You're so sweet. I really can't believe that my little girl is going away so soon," she said.

"I know. I love you mom. I wish you well, and I will come back to visit. I really do have to go now. Bye mom," I responded.

I walked out of the room and went to get my bag. I didn't realize a tear had fallen down my cheek till it dripped down to my arm. I quickly wiped it and got my things. I looked around at my room one last time before turning out the light and walking out the door and down the stairs.

I really will miss this place. I grew up here, I live here, I like it here. I didn't expect to live here forever, I'm not that naive. I just thought that I would have more time. To be honest, I never wanted high school to end.

I walked outside to my driveway and met eyes with Ace.

"Hey princess. Ready to go? It's a long drive ahead so make sure you have everything," he reminded me.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I want to drive you." He said. I smiled at him.

I turned back to face my house. I took in every detail. I saw the darkly colored rocky walls, the clean and shinny windows, my mom standing in the window seat waving good bye. I waved back and turned around.

I don't know if I really am ready to go, but I have to. I'm not in high school anymore, I was in the real world from that moment on.

"Yeah. I'm ready," I say and get in the passenger seat.

"What are you doing? It's your car," Ace announced.

"Yeah, but it's too early for me to be awake yet. You drive days, I drive nights," I explained to him calmly.

"Ok princess. Before we go though, think about something that will entertain you for a while," he agreed and told me.

The only thing that came to mind was the quote in my speech. "Youth is wasted on the young" by George Bernard Shaw. And even then, though it was only a short time from my speech, I still said, he could have it.

I looked out the window. I was officially on my journey into the world. Where this journey would take me, I didn't really know. What I did know, was that Ace was by my side all the way through. I also made a discovery in the short while I've known Ace. I definitely can, handle a bad boy after all.

A/N: I know, it's a short ending. Did you enjoy my book so far? Anywho, if you did, vote comment and share. Also, continue reading please!!