Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve: no more nerd

Violet's POV

I woke up next to a sleeping Ace. He looked so peaceful. I softly kissed his cheek. I couldn't help it, I still loved him. I got up to go change. I went into the bathroom and started my shower.

In the shower, I started to think about Ace. Was I really starting to forgive him? I couldn't. What he did was unforgivable right? I made a decision to stay away from Ace. Regardless of my feelings, I didn't think I could go through much more of the pain he put me through.

Once I had finished my shower, I started putting on my clothes. I couldn't decide if I would dress as what Ace calls a slut, or me. So I chose a combination of the two. I put on a t-shirt that said 'this is not a pipe' and black skinny jeans. I also put on my mom's leather jacket and my Converse. I put on mascara and eyeshadow to tie the look together.

I came out of the bathroom quietly and grabbed my backpack. I walked down stairs and looked at the clock. I still had twenty minutes till I had to leave. I sat down at the kitchen table and finished my homework for the next week. I still had ten minutes.

I walked to school and was five minutes early. I walked around to all my classes and turned my homework in and showed them my class work as well. I knew that I would be able to look like I skip school, and didn't turn in my homework. So, I was faking delinquency and being an undercover nerd.

I walked to my seat as the bell rang for first period. Ace sat next to me and slid me a note.

'You left me alone princess. :(' it read. I just nodded, though I had to admit it was kinda cute.

The teacher walked around and collected the homework. Ace didn't have his, and I seemingly didn't either. Other people around the room were just as shocked as Ace was.

Ace's mouth fell open and he stared at me shocked. I shrugged and looked forward.

The teacher called me up to his desk. I walked up.

"I thought you said you had to do something today and that's why you finished all your work early," he declared.

"I do actually. I have to go, but I'm faking delinquency. I'm going to yell at you now, and I need you to yell back, but I don't mean any of it. I'll explain why I sound crazy tomorrow. Ok?" I asked, hoping he would at least partially understand.

"Ok," he stated still confused.

"No way. I'm out of here!" I yelled. He stood up before he spoke.

"Ms. Brooks get back here now," he demanded playing along.

"Make me," I pushed as I walked out of the classroom. He sat back down and shook his head. I had a plan though, it was going to be fine. Later tonight, I would email my teachers about a new study I'm doing on nerds versus delinquents in society and how they get treated by the public. Would they buy it? Yes. Would that study ever get written? Probably not. Not by me anyway.