Chapter Thirty Three

Chapter Thirty Three: On a Mission

Violet's P.O.V.

I walked out and found my car. I got in and started it up. After I started driving, for the first time in my life, I went one mile over the speed limit. I looked at the time momentarily and I had 56 minutes left. It was pouring. Thunder cracked and lightning flashed. When I got closer to the airport, the storm was gone and it was going the opposite way.

When I finally made it, I only had 48 minutes left. I parked getting out of the car. It was still pouring and I was soaked. and ran inside finding the number that I needed. I ran up the stairs and to the boarding area. Security checked me and then I only had 35 minutes left. I ran up and found Ace's plane. He wasn't boarded yet.

"Ace!" I yelled. He looked back at me and a look of shock spread across his lips. I walked up to him and kissed him. He kissed back my hands around his neck and his around my waist.

"I want to marry you. I can't imagine going on without knowing that you will come home to me. As long as we wait until college is over, I would love to marry you," I rambled telling him how I felt. He smiled and kissed me again. He pulled out the ring from his pocket and placed it on my finger. I all but jumped up and down screaming. He kissed me again, and boarded the plane. I sighed in relief that I got to him in time. I went back to my car and drove home.

When I got to the dorm, Damon was still asleep on my bed. I smiled down at him and he opened his eyes when I took off my shoes. He looked me up and down. I was still in my jeans and T-shirt, but he stopped on my ring.

"You went to the airport," he stated more to himself than me. I nodded.

"You're engaged now," he stated again. I nodded.

"Let me get this straight. You have a boyfriend, who cheats on you, and you stay with him. He leaves the country, and you get engaged?" he asked. I nodded. He seemed angry, and I didn't know why.

"And to think that I'm in love with you," he mumbled. I'm sure that I wasn't supposed to hear it, but I did. He went to walk out of the room, but I grabbed his wrist.

"You are my only friend here," I said quietly and he nodded. I let go and he left. I flopped back on my bed and sighed. My ring caught the light and I smiled. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed my mom. She picked up instantly.

"Hey baby girl. Is everything alright?" she asked worriedly. I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

"I'm fine. I just called to check in. Plus, I have big news," I explained looking at the ring.

"I'm doing great, now the news," she said suspiciously.

"I'm engaged. Ace and I are waiting until after college is over, but we got engaged. He is finishing college in London," I explained.

"Do you love him?" she asked.

"I do," I said.

"Does he love you?" she questioned.

"He does," I responded.

"Then I support you. I'm very happy for you," she said. I was overjoyed that she approved.

"He got me a wonderful ring," I said touched just thinking about it.

"That's so nice!! Does it have a diamond?" she asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes mom," I said and we both laughed. I heard a knock on my door.

"Hey mom, I gotta run. Talk to you later," I said.

"Kay hon. Call more often. I miss you," she said. We hung up and I walked over to the door. I opened it expecting it to be Damon, but then I realized that he was mad at me. It wasn't Damon after all, but it was Jack. He had a worried expression on his face and my head tilted to the side.

"I'm sorry. Damon is drunk again. He said that you and him got into a fight and he's hurt because, never mind. Anyway, I need your help," he said.

"Why is he hurt? Did he fall or something?" I asked innocently. Jack sighed.

"He's in love with you, and you are getting married to someone that he doesn't like. He cheated, he treated you coldly when he was angry, and he can't control his words, so he is worried about you. Now please no more questions. Damon is on the roof and he won't come down," he finished. As soon as the words left his mouth, I was out the door and running up the stairs. I hadn't put my shoes on, and I didn't have my hoodie either.

I finally got to the roof and Damon was there. He looked up at me, and when he did, I noticed the tears running down his cheeks. I walked over to him and he backed away one step.

"You can't beeee around meeee. I might do something that would get you in trouble," he warned. I walked closer anyway and placed my hands on his keeping him steady.

"Why are you here?" I asked. He sighed.

"I'm in love with you. I wanted to forget about it, so I got a little drunk. I just wanted some air," he explained. I nodded.

"Let's go back. I don't want you to catch a cold," I said. He nodded and we walked down the stairs and to my dorm. Jack was there, waiting for us no doubt. Once he saw that we were both okay, he went back home leaving Damon with me.

"Can I sleep here?" he asked. I nodded and he smiled. I gave him some coffee and he started to sober up. After changing into our pajamas and brushing our teeth, we went to bed his arm around my waist.

A/N: Hey guys!! I can't believe that this chapter turned out this way because this isn't the way that I planned it, but I like it just fine. Let me tell you, don't get too used to the calm. This story is about to get intense and sad and then really really happy again. So, I am going to get this book to forty chapters and then it will be over for real this time. Thank you guys sooo much. 1,100 readers is insane and really exciting for me. Bye~