Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen: The talk

Ace's POV

How did she memorize that?

I listened to Violet go on. She has such a beautiful voice and her speech even reached my heart. It's better than the speech I have to do for being the most improved student.

The more I thought, the more I realized that I never wanted high school to end. I had it good. I was the bad boy. All girls wanted me, all guys wanted to be me, and my teachers passed me just so they didn't have me in summer school.

"Thank you Violet. That was a lovely speech, and I hope one day my eight year old daughter turns out to be a fine young lady like you. And for the rest of you, please listen as Ace, our most improved student, gives his short speech," the principal said. Of course he would. Violet is amazing.

I walked up to where Violet was standing just a moment ago and looked back at her. She showed me her 'you can do this, I believe in you' look, yes that was a thing, and she pointed at her necklace that I bought her at the beach.

I smiled and began my speech. "Hey guys, for starters, I'm sorry to all my teachers for my past few months here, and secondly, I can't believe that high school is out forever. For some it is the end of school, and not for others who move on to college, but still. We finished high school!!!! All of us did. We made it. I never really wanted it to end to be honest. The world out there, it doesn't know me, and there are a lot of doors unopened and dark unknowns. I can't work with only my friends, life isn't mapped out in an eight hour day, and I don't know if I'm ready for that reality. Although, when I first got to the school, I didn't care about grades at all. I only cared about my writing, which was a secret to most people up until now. The only reason I'm standing here today, now, is because of Violet. She was my tutor, my motivation, my light in a dark room, and she helped me bring my grade up. No matter who you are, or what your goal is, you can get help, and you can succeed. Without her I wouldn't have graduated, so, thanks Violet," I said. My speech sucked, but she kissed me anyway.

"Thank you Mr.Daniels. Now that we have concluded the speeches, I am proud to introduce, the newly graduated class of 2015. Congratulations to all of you," the principal announced.

We all threw our caps the air and stepped off the stage. When I got back to Violet and my mom, Sarah, Violet's mom, was blubbering, Violet was holding my little sister, and my mom was taking pictures.

After the ceremony, we were driving home. Me, my mom, and my sister were in my mom's mini van and Violet was with her mom. When my mom finally parked in our driveway, I got out of the car and walked over to Violet and Sarah who were just pulling in. Me and Violet went inside followed by her mom.

"Keep the door open," she yelled.

"Don't worry mom, I'm still a proud owner of the V-card," Violet called back. I chuckled and she smiled at me.

"You never know. Just keep the door open please," she yelled.

"Ok mom. We will keep the door open so you can see it all," she said back to her mom.