Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two

Violet's P.O.V.

After school ended, I walked outside and to my dorm meeting Damon halfway there. We walked back to my dorm to find Ace sitting in front of my door. He stood up as he saw us. Damon leaned into me.

"I'll be here when you need me," he whispered before walking into the elevator and pushing lobby. I let Ace inside and he sat on my bed.

"I have news," he started. I nodded.

"My school started two weeks ago, as you know, and my english teacher sent over a copy of one of my novels to a publisher. They want me to publish it, and then do a book tour and after all that, they want me to spend the rest of college in London. I agreed and the plane leaves in three hours," he said excitedly. I shook my head.

"You can't be serious. That means that you would be gone for three years. That's crazy," I blurted without thinking. He looked disappointed, and then excited again. He got off the bed and down on one knee. I was about to ask what he was doing, when he pulled out a ring box. My hand came over my mouth.

"That's why I'm doing this," he started. He opened the box to reveal a diamond ring. I looked from the ring, to Ace, and back to the ring. It was beautiful and thoughtful.

"Violet Sanders, will you marry me," he asked. My mind was racing in circles. He wanted to marry me, oh my gosh. Who does this in real life? Who just proposes in a college dorm room?

"Ace, I want you to stay, and I don't want to lose you. I want to be with you now, but I don't think that I can promise you forever," I stated with an apologetic tone.

His smile instantly fell. He closed the ring box and stood up. I expected a kiss, and an understanding, but that's not what I got.

"You just did. I'll be in London if you need me," he whispered not a hint of pain in his voice. He walked over to the door and stopped as he put his hand on the handle. He looked back at me still no pain, and as he stared at my tear stained face, he turned away.

"Actually, don't find me," he said coldly and more tears fell from my eyes. Everything washed over me at once. He cheated, he was leaving, he was gone, I would never see him again. The tears were pouring from my eyes and after about one minute, the tears stopped from lack of hydration.

Damon walked through the door, but I couldn't bring myself to look at him. He walked over to me and sat on my bed wrapping his arms around me.

"Okay, this isn't healthy. We are going out," he said. I stood up and went over to my nightstand pulling out a graphic T-shirt and some jeans. I looked out the window and saw that it was raining. That was autumn for you. I went into the bathroom to change, and then put on my black converse before Damon opened the door for me. We walked to the elevator and down to the lobby.

Once we were out of the building, we walked to my car and I tossed Damon the keys. I remembered when Ace and my mom bought the car for me. The necklace I was wearing was from Ace, the tattoo that I had was for Ace. I leaned back against the seat and started doing my homework. I didn't look up until I was done, but by that time, we were already at an ice skating rink. We got out of the car and Damon paid for an hour of access. We walked in and we were the only ones there.

We rented some skates and went out on the ice. I used to ice skate with my mom when I was little, but never in a rink this big. Damon wasn't bad, but he seemed cautious. I did a few spins and a jump before he came over.

"Someone has done this before and it's not me," he said smiling. I giggled and grabbed his hands pulling him in a spin with me. He was holding onto me for dear life until we stopped. He didn't let go, and I didn't make him. We skated around for awhile, until he fell pulling me down with him. I landed on top of him and we were about an inch apart.

"I like you," he said. I smiled a little without realizing, and there was so much excitement in his eyes that he couldn't hide it if he tried. I giggled standing up and helping him up.

Our hour was up and we left going back to the car.He drove me home and we both went up to my dorm. We turned on some TV and Damon fell asleep. I stood up silently and walked out the door to the elevator and down to the lobby.

A/N: Hey guys. This chapter was sad I know, but don't worry, it will get better. I'm thinking that I will get this book to forty chapters and then end it for real. What do you guys think? Anyway, if you enjoyed, please vote comment and share.