Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen: Transforming

Ace's POV

Violet skipped class and yelled at a teacher. Not to mention that she didn't do her homework. She was really trying not to be a nerd anymore, because of me. I couldn't ruin her life so close to graduation just over me.

I stood up and stomped after her. The teacher called after me and I ignored him. I heard her scream at someone to get off of her and I kicked into overdrive. Was she in danger?

I ran after her voice and found her in an alleyway with a guy about to stab her. I ran up and ripped him off of her. She was in danger. He threw a punch and I caught it. I threw a punch back at him and he stayed down. Good choice. I ran over to Violet and made sure she was ok.

"Oh my God. Are you ok? What did he want? Please tell me he wasn't going to do what I think he was going to do, because I'll kill him right now," I asked. I couldn't bear the thought of anyone hurting her.

"I'm fine. He wanted to know where my dad was hiding," she said. What the hell was her dad involved in?

"Why didn't you tell him?" I asked.

"My dad left me an my mom thirteen years ago, on my fourth birthday, and never came back. It wasn't uncommon for dads to leave their kids around age four, but it was my birthday. So, I don't know anything about him, let alone where he is," she explained.

I felt sorry for her. My dad was always at work or on business trips, and I almost never saw him, but at least I know him and who he was.

"I'm sorry," I said. I went in for a kiss and she jumped backward. I looked at her confused.

"What?" I asked.

"What are you doing? We're not together," she asked. Now that definitely felt like she had hit me.

"You don't have to do this," I pleaded.

"Ace, listen to me. I am head over heals in love with you. I know it's stupid, but I can't help it. It's juvenile, it's childish, and it's true. I would do anything for you, and that's scary as hell. You hurt me, and now you just keep showing up everywhere reminding me that you hooked up with someone else instead of being with me. I can't handle it," she said. I felt like she had slapped me, but somehow my heart was racing.

I wanted to grab her arm and hold her here when she turned to walk away, but I knew it would make it worse. I walked home thinking the same things the whole way there.

'Why won't she forgive you? What can you do to fix this? Will you ever feel her kiss again?'

When I got home, I heard her music playing. One of my favorite songs. Bad girls club by Falling in Reverse.

I loved her so much, I couldn't let her throw her life away.

'Hey. I know you said you didn't want to talk to me, but I did come to talk to you earlier. I wanted to tell you that you shouldn't skip class.' I texted her.

'I told you that once.' She responded.

'I'm serious. You'll regret it later Violet. Go to school. Go to college. Do amazing things like I know you want to.' I replied.

'I could say the same to you.' She texted back.

'Violet!!!!! You aren't me. You are a nerd. It's not a bad thing, it's good!!!! Be your self. I told her.

I didn't get a response after that. I did see her leave her house though. I wonder where she's going.

A/N: I don't even know if this counts as a chapter but I wanted the POV change before the next chapter so there you go. Vote comment and share