Chapter 32

"I was an idiot for forcing you out. I just needed time to think, but I shouldn't have made you leave your own home." Regina sighs, taking a step back.  But Emma pushes her dress down and steps forward, wrapping her arms around Regina.

"Of course I'll come home. But we need to talk. As much as I wish it could, sex doesn't fix problems." Emma smiles.

"I know." Regina returns the soft smile and leans her head against Emma's shoulder.

"We should probably go back out there before Nosy One and Nosy Two start poking around." Emma says after a few quiet moments.

"I know." Regina repeats herself. "You're just so comfy though."

Emma laughs. "We can cuddle tonight. But right now I feel like another drink and kicking your ass at pool."

"Deal." Regina grins. Regina leaves the bathroom first, and then Emma sneaks out a second later. Regina goes straight to the pool table, and Emma heads for the bar.

"A beer, and any sort of vodka cocktail." Emma tells the bartender. While he prepares the drinks Emma turns to look at Regina.

"Did you two actually just have sex in the bar bathroom?" Ruby asks and Emma looks over to see Tink pop her head out to look at her.

"That's none of your business." Emma says with a straight face. Ruby and Tink share a look when Emma's head swivels to look back at Regina.

"Fine, whatever you say." Ruby says to Emma, smirking at Tink who hides her giggle in a drink.

"I'm going now." Emma sing-songs over her shoulder before grabbing the drinks and walking over to Regina.

"I can't believe how smart we are." Tink grins.

"Oh I believe it." Ruby laughs, and then she clinks her glass with Tink's.

~~~

"Come on, let's go home." Emma slurs, squinting at the time on her phone.

"Yes, that's a good idea. Especially considering you're absolutely smashed." Regina smirks, sipping back the last of her drink.

"How is it that I'm drunk, and you're barely tipsy?" Emma asks, her eyebrows furrowing together in a way that makes Regina lean over and kiss the spot in between them.

"Oh I'm fairly drunk, but my alcohol tolerance allows for me not to act like an idiot." Regina loops her arm around Emma's waist and guides her outside to where a taxi's waiting for them.

"Wow, how'd the taxi get here already?" Emma asks incredulously, making Regina laugh.

"I called it ten minutes ago when you went to the washroom." She informs the blonde.

"Oooh." Emma draws out the word. "That definitely makes more sense." She gives a dopey grin to Regina and then she tries to get into the taxi. She hits her head on it and Regina hears a muffled, "Ow. Fuck."

"Oh Emma." She whispers quietly, and then laughs to herself. Once they're home, Regina helps her get out of the taxi and then into the house. Emma laughs at herself everytime she trips over her own feet and Regina has to shush her. Regina pays the babysitter and then waits until the girl is gone before guiding Emma upstairs.

"Be quiet. The kids are asleep just down this hallway." Regina scolds her. 

"Oh right. I haven't had to be quiet because of kids in a long time." Emma admits in her drunken state. Regina pauses for a second, the comment stabbing into her heart. 

"I'm sorry Emma." Regina says quietly, and then puts Emma on the end of the bed. 

"Sorry for what?" Emma asks, her drunken mind already forgetting her comment.