Chapter 20

"I'm gonna do my homework now so I can play video games or play after supper." He tells them and then takes his bag upstairs.

"Supper will be in two hours!" Regina calls after him and he calls back a response before disappearing into his room.

"Come, let's go make a kickass supper. It'll take your mind off of the election." Emma grabs Regina's hand and pulls her to the kitchen.

~~~

"Hey Regina. How's your day going?" Emma asks through the phone and Regina balances it on her shoulder as she works through her papers.

"Just lovely." She mumbles, brushing her hair out of her face with a sigh. Her phone almost falls off her shoulder and she gasps, her heart stopping for a moment. 

"Regina?" She hears faintly and brings her phone back up to her ear. 

"Sorry, almost dropped my phone." 

"That's fine love. If you're busy I can go."

"I'm not that busy." Regina lies as she glances up at the other papers waiting menacingly on her desk.

"You're lying madame mayor." Emma teases. "It's okay babe. I'll hang up, and see you later."

"I'm sorry dear." Regina apologizes and then they say goodbye before hanging up the phone.

Back at the mayoral mansion Emma sighs deeply as she sets down her phone and looks up at the T.V. which is playing some random show. 

"Stupid Graham making me take off work. I don't want to be stuck at home." Emma groans, throwing her head back against the couch. She lifts it back up again to glare at her stomach.

"You are taking way too long to get out of here. Hurry it up peanut." Emma says, rubbing her belly gently. "You are due any day now." 

What to do, what to do... Emma thinks, tapping her fingers against her stomach. She slowly gets up, awkwardly trying to get off the couch without feeling like a tipped cow. Walking to the front door she slips on a pair of super comfortable flip flops and then walks out the door. She wanders the large property until she sees the sun making its way across the sky and she walks across the lawn to her house. Coming back inside the house she begins to prepare for supper, chopping vegetables and roasting chicken in the oven. She begins to saute the vegetables when she hears the door open and the familiar clack of Regina's heels on the tile. 

"I'm in the kitchen babe!" Emma calls out, and then Regina enters the kitchen.

"It smells wonderful in here dear." Regina smiles, walking over and kissing Emma on the lips gently. 

"Chicken and sauteed vegetables. Healthy and delicious, so your favourite." Emma jokes, making Regina chuckle.

"Sounds absolutely wonderful. I'm starving." Regina leans in to whisper the last bit in Emma's ear, gently biting the lobe and tugging on it. Emma gasps lightly and looks at the door quickly to make sure that Henry isn't there to see it.

"Regina! Not now." Emma giggles uncharacteristically and Regina chuckles against Emma's neck.

"Later then?" Regina asks, and Emma turns against the stove to look at Regina.

"This baby is about to pop out of me. I'm fat, and tired, and gross. I have cankles. Plus the stretch marks are bad." Emma objects.

"You are beautiful, and you are creating life." Regina says, placing her hands on Emma's hips and pulling her forward until their stomachs touch. Regina then leans forward and touches her lips to Emma's gently. After a sweet kiss she pulls back to look into green eyes filled with tears.