Chapter 29

"Works for me. As long as I'm not replaced." Emma jokes and Graham laughs.

"I could never replace you." Graham tells her and then under his breath he adds: "There's no one weird enough."

"Funny." Emma grumbles and then punches his arm. He grins back at her.

"It's nice to have you back Em."

~~~

"So is this what you do all day?" Lily asks, coming into the room. Emma looks up from her computer, and pulls her legs off her desk.

"Come to harass me on my first day back at work?" She asks, a frown marring her face.

"Harass you? We haven't spoken since I ki-" Lily begins to say, and Emma leaps up, pressing her hand to Lily's mouth.

"Shut the fuck up." Emma hisses, and Walter spares them a look.

"You two okay?" He asks lazily, and Emma pulls her hand away quickly.

"We're just fine. I just need to talk to her outside." Emma lies, and then drags Lily out of the station. Graham is on the phone and doesn't notice the two of them. Emma takes her out the back door where no one will see them talking.

"You kinky like that with your woman in bed?" Lily jokes, and Emma crosses her arms across her chest.

"You talk too much. What are you doing here?" Emma asks, glancing around.

"You're that concerned to be seen with me?" Lily pokes Emma, finding the situation more funny than offensive. "We used to be friends."

"Yeah, used to be. Then you kissed me when you knew I was married." Emma sighs, shaking her head. "You're unbelievable." 

"Why don't I make it up to you? You and your family can come to dinner where I work, I'll give you guys the discount, and then I'll sit down and introduce myself." Lily proposes.

"Really?" Emma says, narrowing her eyes at Lily.

"Yeah." Lily shrugs, shuffling from foot to foot.

"Where do you work?" Emma asks and Lily laughs. 

"We both know that you know. You may not have been at work but you still have the resources to research."

"Can we even bring the kids into The Rabbit Hole though? It's a bar." Emma asks.

"Kids are allowed in until eight o'clock." Lily informs her.

"I'll run it by Regina, but no guarantees." Emma says finally, and Lily shrugs. 

"Whatever. You know how to get ahold of me." She says, and then walks away. Emma stands outside for a few minutes and then goes back in. Graham is just hanging up the phone and doesn't notice when she sits back down at her desk. She picks up her cell phone and presses on Regina's name. 

"Hello dear. What's going on?" She says as soon as she picks up, and Emma can hear a pen scratching at paper.

"You remember that friend I ran into when we were taking Henry home?" Emma inquires, and Regina's pen pauses before continuing on.

"Not exactly. Did I meet them?"

"No, not quite. But she moved here a while ago, and she works at The Rabbit Hole and wants us to come to dinner."

"She wants to take us to a bar? With the kids?" Regina deadpans, and Emma can tell that she's fully focused on her now.

"Kids are allowed in there until eight, and she's trying to extend an invitation. She's from my life before I really got turned around, so she's not exactly your type of woman."