Chapter 18

"I figured as much. Do you mind if I order for you? I went here once because of a business thing and loved it." Regina asks and then Emma shrugs.

"Sure, why not? I'm up for new stuff as long as it won't bother the baby." Emma says.

"Excellent. I know your taste buds are very open to new flavours." Regina winks. Emma bursts out laughing, and it only takes Regina one moment to join in.

"I love it when you make sexual innuendos."

"It is a talent of mine." Regina grins and then the waiter comes over.

"Good evening ladies, I am Trey and I will be your server. How are you?" He asks, showing off a sparkling smile.  

"Great." They say at the same time and then they laugh. 

"That's great. Now, have you been told the specials?" 

"Yes we have. I actually know what we want to order." Regina says and then rattles off two fancy sounding names to the guy. He jots them down and then winks at Regina. 

"I'll go put those in now." Trey smiles again and then walks away.

"Looks like someone has their eye on you." Emma says with a sip of champagne. 

"The waiter? He's in his early twenties." Regina scoffs. 

"Some boys like older woman." Emma shrugs, a taunting smirk on her lips.

"Miss Swan!" Regina gapes, her mouth dropping open.

"Mayor Mills!" Emma says right back, grinning now.

"I am not an older woman." Regina pouts, her tone defensive. 

"Of course, what am I saying? You're young and vibrant." Emma teases her. 

"Yes, I am. Young and vibrant." Regina smiles. They spend the rest of the time waiting for their food with light conversation until the waiter comes back with two plates.

"Is there anything else I can get you?" Trey smiles, his dark hair glinting in the dim lights of the restaurant.

"We're fine, thank you." Regina says.

"Make sure to call if you need me." He winks once again at Regina before sauntering away.

"Yes, hi, I'm here too." Emma grumbles. 

"Are you okay?" Regina asks, reaching across the table to grab Emma's hand.

"Yes, I'm fine. Let's eat." Emma says, changing the subject as she pulls her hand away. "What did you get for me?"

"I got these two plates for us to share. This one is amazing surf and turf, and this is a fancy pasta dish that even if I pronounce it you won't understand." Regina laughs.

"Fair enough." Emma smiles and then eats a bit of both meals. "Wow, this is incredible."

"I know. I love it. It's very popular too. People often have trouble getting in."

"How did you manage to get a reservation?"

"I have my ways." Regina smirks, and then digs in. 

~~~

"Here is your cheque ladies. It was so nice to meet you." Trey says, placing the cheque on the table while making eye contact with Regina. 

"Thank you very much." She smiles back and pulls out her bank card. While she pays Trey not-so-subtly checks out her chest. Emma's lip curls in disgust and watches him pass Regina a piece of paper after she's paid. She opens it and raises an eyebrow before crumpling it into a ball and leaving it on the table.