Chapter 27

"She probably just needs to get away or something. She likes to run from her problems." Henry points out- ever the observant boy -as Regina puts Ava into her baby swing. She freezes for a moment, thinking about the truth of Henry's statement.

"Yes, she does run sometimes when things get hard." Regina says, clipping Ava in. She thinks about how Emma avoided her for a while when she brought up children.

"Anyways, what's for dinner?"

~~~

Emma knocks on room thirteen, and can hear Lily's feet as she walks to the door. When she opens it up Emma can't stop her eyes from looking straight at Lily's legs, which are on complete display in some very short shorts. She looks away quickly and up at Lily's face. She smirks at Emma, and Emma bites the inside of her cheek.

"Come in on." Lily says, standing aside to let Emma into the room. She walks inside the motel room, taking a quick glance around. It's fairly simple, and already a mess.

"Wow, you haven't changed your cleaning ways." Emma jokes, and Lily chuckles.

"Never was a neat freak, never will be." The brunette shrugs. They both take a seat on the bed, Emma on the end, and Lily leaning against the headboard.

"You hungry? I'll call for some takeout." Lily offers after a small silence.

"Yeah, sure. What were you thinking?" Emma asks.

"Does this town have Chinese?" Lily asks, reaching for her phone.

"Yeah, it's a small place further into town."

"Sweet. I remember your order." Lily says, already dialing before Emma can say what she wants. 

"What if it's changed?" Emma asks, cocking an eyebrow.

"Hi, I'd like to order the chicken stir fry, some orange chicken, and some egg rolls." Lily says, looking over at Emma and the blonde purses her lips. She doesn't want to admit that Lily still knows her favourite order, and Lily laughs once she's finished the order and hung out. "See. Told you I knew it."

"Smug-ass bitch. Shut up." Emma groans, rolling her eyes.

"Awe, there's the old Emma. You're too much of a tight-ass with your kids around."

"I am not a tight-ass." Emma says, frowning. "I just can't swear around them." 

"Doesn't mean that you don't get all snobby."

"I am not a snob!" Emma scoffs, and Lily laughs.

"You probably live in a big house now, with some fancy pants as your wife, and you guys don't even like each other all that much." Lily shrugs. "I mean, if I found someone to keep me warm at night, and keep a roof over my head, then I'd take it. But if you're done with her company, I'll gladly help you cheat."

"I love her, she loves me, and we have a great life together. I'd never cheat on her." Emma says, shaking her head.

"Okay, whatever. You got a picture of this lady?" Lily asks, and leans towards Emma. 

"Of course I do." Emma says, and then she gets out her phone. She begins to go through her photos, trying to find her favourite picture of Regina. There's a few of her with Ava, and an adorable one of her and Henry on his first day of school a few weeks ago.

"Oh, here's a good one." Emma says, and and smiles at her phone without realizing it. When Regina saw the picture on Emma's phone she hated it but Emma absolutely adores it. It was during a meeting at town hall with all the town people. It was an ask-all for citizens and town workers alike, and Regina had been at the front of the room, beginning the meeting. She was standing with one hand on her hip, and staring out at the crowd. Her lips are slightly pursed but also in a smirk, and she's wearing Emma's favourite red skirt-suit. That dark brown hair is styled and flipped perfectly and her makeup is sharp enough to kill.