Chapter 9

Ten minutes go by and and then the timer finally goes off. She stares the stick from across the room and then she bites the bullet and walks over with two strides. Grabbing it with a shaky hand she stares at the little opening to see what the answer is.

She keeps it in her hand as she opens the bathroom. Regina jumps up from the bed where she was sitting and stares at Emma, hope daring to flit across her face.

"Merry Christmas, Regina. We're having a baby." 

Emma grins as tears leak out of her eyes and Regina quickly embraces her wife in a hug. She grabs at the pregnancy test just to see for herself and then looks up into Emma's green eyes which are sparkling from the light filtering in through their window. The test is forgotten only for a moment as the two of them kiss. It falls to the ground as hands find faces and hair and other body parts. The kiss is heated and yet slow with just a hint of sweet innocence.

"We're going to have a baby." Regina whispers once they've parted, their foreheads lying against one another. 

"Yes we are. And it'll be ours. We can tell everyone tonight." Emma grins. "Now, you should probably start on my hair." 

"I probably should." Regina laughs, wiping away her own tears and then Emma's. Emma walks back over to the stool and sits down as Regina comes up and then grabs a brush. She runs it through tangled blonde pieces before taking a clip and leaving only one layer down. Taking the straightener and a strand of hair, Regina twists the hair around and gently pulls, leaving a perfect blonde curl. She repeats the process for the next forty minutes and Emma ends up with what Regina calls princess curls. 

"There, beautiful as ever. Now, onto your makeup." Regina says, getting Emma to spin around. She uses a multitude of brushes and products that Emma never bothers with for the next twenty minutes and then she grins triumphantly at Emma.

"Am I done?" The blonde asks. 

"Yes, you just need some hairspray." Regina says, grabbing a massive bottle before spraying Emma's hair evenly all over. "Done."

"Excellent. My ass is sore." Emma groans, standing up and stretching. She turns and looks at herself in the mirror, gaping slightly at her appearance.

"Well if you don't win that next election you can become a stylist because holy shit Regina. This is amazing." Emma stares at the perfect winged eyeliner and smoky eye Regina did as well as the contouring. Regina laughs.

"Well thank you." The brunette says. 

"You spent so much time on me and now you still have to do up your own face." Emma realizes. "What can I do to help you get started?"

"Please go down and peel the potatoes. Once you're done peeling them, cut them into cubes and put them into a pot of hot water. Turn the burner onto maximum heat." Regina instructs.

"Yes ma'am." Emma says and then turns to go downstairs.

"Then come back up and get dressed. I have an outfit picked out." The brunette says as she begins to do her own makeup. "I'll have it lying on the bed."

"Okay." Emma grins, shaking her head to herself. She sings along to Christmas music as she peels and cuts what feels like a million potatoes and decides to cut the carrots as well. With a satisfied smile she heads upstairs and stops by Henry's room. He's still playing on his DS and she knocks on the door to get his attention.

"Hey mama." He mumbles, glancing up at her before looking back at his game. Henry then looks back up in a second glance and his mouth drops open. "Woah."

"I decided to let your mom doll me up. You like?"

"You're really pretty." He smiles, and then closes his game. His genuine smile warms her heart.