Chapter 10

"I need a picture. Don't wake them." She runs away and Ruby's eyes light up before following Snow out of the room. The two of them come back in, Snow holding her phone, and Ruby her camera so Emma grabs out her phone as well. After a few pictures are taken the kids are woken up and everyone packs up their stuff and leaves. Once Henry is in bed Regina and Emma retire to their room. Regina unzips Emma's dress slowly, and their Christmas Eve ends on a perfect note. 

~~~

"It's Christmas morning!" Henry exclaims as he bursts into Regina and Emma's room. Regina is the first to react, pulling the covers up higher on the bed. Emma groggily comes too with muffled protests of how early it is.

"Merry Christmas Henry." Regina grins, and then quickly tries to distract him. "Go back to your room, and then Emma and I will grab you in a few minutes." 

"Okay!" He says, and then disappears from view. Regina sighs in relief and runs over to close the door before leaning against it. 

"That was way too close." Regina sighs, walking over to pull on a bra, some yoga pants, and a sweater. "Our son is waiting in his room so that he can go downstairs and open his presents."

"I'm still sleeping." Emma groans, rolling over to look at the clock. "Well what the hell. He let us sleep until nine. What a damn miracle." 

"Get dressed before he gets impatient and we get caught." Regina says, throwing Emma's sports bra, a hoodie, and some sweats onto the bed. 

"I'm getting there." Emma yawns, slowly pushing the blankets off her body and stretching.

"Get dressed. I know you're taunting me." Regina huffs, and Emma smirks and then does as asked. After a quick bathroom break and washing her face, Emma is ready to go. Regina does the same and then they get Henry from his room. He closes his book and then giddily follows his moms down to the living room. They hand him his presents and then Emma takes pictures as he opens them. The last present, as it is every year, is Henry's present from Santa. He opens up the box with the energy and recklessness of a ten year old boy and squeals a bit when he sees what's inside.

"Another controller, and a game?!" He looks up excitedly. 

"Wow, Santa spoiled you." Emma's eyes widen and Henry grins like a madman.

"This means mom can play with us now too!" He exclaims. 

"I've definitely been looking forward to seeing your mother try and play. No excuses now Regina." Emma smirks, and Regina narrows her eyes at Emma. 

"Santa is so thoughtful." Regina says, leaning over to pinch Emma's side. The blonde yelps and Henry rolls his eyes at them. Emma and Regina open their presents to each other, and their presents from Henry after and then the three of them go into the kitchen to make their classic Christmas day brunch. They get Henry to cut open three croissants, and then Emma starts frying the bacon as Regina starts doing the eggs. The three of them work together to put together bacon and egg croissant breakfast sandwiches with cheese. Emma wolfs hers down before Regina has eaten half and then makes another.

"Emma, dear. You are now eating another one of those greasy things?" She says, taking another small bite she cut from hers.

"Mom, they're so good though." Henry protests through a full mouth.

"Henry, you know not to talk with your mouth full." Regina scolds.

"And I'm eating for two now." Emma puts in as she sits down with a fresh sandwich. 

"All right fine." Regina rolls her eyes. Emma grins triumphantly and then takes a large bite of her food. When Henry's done he gets himself excused and runs to the movie room to start playing his new game. Emma goes into the living room to clean up the garbage and Regina cleans up the kitchen. After cleaning Emma joins Henry in the movie room and he hands her a second controller without taking his eyes off the screen.