Chapter 13

The next door is what she assumes is the spare bedroom. It's got a simple quilt on top of the bed, and a handful of pillows. On the wall is a painting of the forest that surrounds Storybrooke, and other than that the room is empty besides a dresser and a side table. She closes the door and finally finds the bathroom. After relieving herself, she walks quietly back to the kitchen and waits for Regina to show up.   

It's only five minutes later when a knock at the door comes. As Emma leaves the room to get the door, Robin comes around the hall corner. She's not sure how he heard knocking and not the squeaky closet door but brushes it off. He opens the door for her and Regina stands before them. The wind has picked up and her hair whips around her face. Her eyes are as dark as the sky and Emma can tell that they are as stormy as the coming weather. Regina has her arms crossed and Robin steps back to let her in. Her heels click over the threshold and Emma bites her lip, her stomach rolling.

"Robin." Regina clips out, not looking at Emma.

"Regina." He copies the brunette.

"Thank you for helping Emma. I'll get her out of your hair." Regina says, still not looking at Emma. "Emma, go to the car."

"Don't talk to me like I'm a child." Emma frowns, and Regina finally looks at her. Her eyes are sharp and Emma shuts up quickly.

"Go to the car." Regina repeats slowly, and Emma scurries past Robin and Regina. Once Regina sees the passenger door close she turns back to Robin.

"Listen, I'm really sorry about this." Regina starts, and Robin closes the door. 

"I just can't have all the warmth leaving my house." He explains, and Regina nods.

"I'm sorry that Emma disrupted your night." Regina says again, her folded arms moving down for her leather covered hands to clasp together. 

"It wasn't that bad." Robin shrugs, leaning against the wall in his plain t-shirt and plaid pajama pants. 

"Nothing happened?" Regina asks.

"Your wife has a big mouth so I just walked away." He pauses, and then his eyes catch hers. "Are you concerned for me?"

Regina scoffs. "Oh please."

"I know that you care for me even though Emma slapped me with a restraining order from both of you." He shrugs, shuffling closer. She notices it and steps away. Her heart still beats out of her chest whenever he's around.

"Yes, okay. I care for you. But you hurt me and Emma was there. I love her, and we have a family together." Regina tells him. But like a typical man, he only hears what he wants to hear and grins after her first sentence.

"I knew you did. I knew it. All these years and I knew Emma was lying."

"Lying about what?" Regina asks.

"When she gave me the papers for the restraining order, she told me that you hated me and that I was getting them as a warning, and because you never wanted to see me again." He said. 

"I didn't say that exactly." Regina says, surprised that Emma would say something that blunt.

"I knew you didn't. But I was not allowed to ask you if you did." He says, grinning wider. 

"I mean I did feel something for you once. But now it's a mere feeling of care, nothing more." She informs him. 

"Care still counts." He murmurs before quickly stepping forward. Before Regina can react Robin grabs her and pulls her to him, crushing his mouth to hers. Her eyes fly open and she presses her hands on his chest, trying to push him away. His lips are chapped, and somewhat rough. Her eyes close and he pulls her closer, folding her arms between them. When he parts her lips and tries to push his tongue into her mouth that's when she gets her strength back.