Chapter 5

"Hi Emma. How are you feeling?" Dr. Guinevere says quietly, her Portuguese accent making her words sound soft.

"Good, hungry." Emma says, her voice groggy. Regina and Dr. Guinevere laugh as Regina stands.

"Is it fine if I go get her something to eat?" Regina asks and the doctor nods.

"Of course. I'll finish the check-up while you're out. And she can eat whatever she wants." She says.

"Good woman." Emma nods.

Regina leaves the room and Emma looks up at Dr. Guinevere once her wife has closed her door behind her. 

"Give it to me straight. Do you think it's going to work?" Emma asks quietly. 

"You have a very fertile uterus, and the process of changing one of your eggs into sperm was easier than normal. I have a very optimistic outlook on this." Dr. Guinevere admits.

"Really?" Emma asks. "I just don't want to get mine or Regina's hopes up too high."

"I have a good feeling Emma." She says, and then leaves the room.  Emma looks down at her stomach and then rubs it gently.

"Don't let me down little guy." Emma whispers. "Or girl." She looks out the window and imagines what the kid will be like when Regina comes back in.

"No way... Do I smell... McDonalds!?" Emma exclaims. She sits up in the bed and holds out her hands. 

"Yes. After your panic attack this morning and how you've handled this I thought you deserved a little bit of a treat."

"I actually love you." Emma grins, quickly taking the bag from Regina. She grabs out the fries and her hamburger. 

"I actually love you too." Regina says quietly, and then kisses Emma on the forehead. 

~~~

"So you guys are ready to go, and we will see you in a few weeks to check to see if the egg implanted itself." Dr. Guinevere tells them. 

"Awesome." Emma grins. 

"Thank you so much." Regina says, and then they grab their bags to go home. When they get inside Emma groans dramatically.

"What's wrong?" Regina immediately asks.  

"We have to wait four weeks to figure out if I'm pregnant. Four weeks is forever." Emma pouts.

"Oh thank goodness." Regina breathes a sigh of relief, pressing a hand to her heart.

"Thank goodness? Four weeks is forever!" Emma repeats with a grand gesticulation.

"I thought something was actually wrong. Don't do that to me!" Regina smacks Emma.

"Ouch! Rude." Emma frowns. 

"Get over it." Regina teases, and then starts the car. 

"Remember when we had that road trip when we first started dating?" Emma asks, and Regina looks over at Emma with a seductive smile. 

"Of course I do. I did plan it." She says. 

"You're brilliant." Emma sighs wistfully. 

"I know." Regina flips her hair and Emma just laughs.

~~~

"David is so cool." Henry says, sighing happily.

"David, as in David Nolan?" Regina asks unbelievably. 

"Uh, yeah." Henry says like it's obvious. 

"Where are you getting this information from? Mary Margaret is not a reliable source." She states, putting an authoritative finger in the air.