Chapter 17

"Harder, please." She sighs, and Regina does just that. There's nothing sexual about the massage but the intimacy of the act doesn't go over their heads. Even though Regina is digging her hands and fingers into Emma's back, she notices soft snores coming from the blonde. She pauses the massage to lean over Emma's body to find the woman asleep. She smiles to herself and then presses a light kiss to Emma's cheek before finishing the massage. She then covers Emma in a fluffy blanket and tucks a pillow behind her back and adjusts the one under her head. It's only 8:30 but Regina knows that Emma hasn't been sleeping well. So she leaves the blonde where she is and goes to finish cleaning the house.

"I love you, Emma." Regina says to the room and the answer she receives is more snoring.

~~~

Emma wakes up the next morning to the smell of bacon coming from... right beside her? She blinks slowly until her eyes clear and she sits up. Her mind is groggy and she yawns when she feels a chill on her chest. Looking down, Emma realizes she's not wearing a shirt and the blanket has pooled around her waist. 

"Oh god." She chokes, pulling the blanket back up around her body.

"Morning." Regina laughs and Emma notices the woman sitting on the couch with a tray of food.

"Morning." Emma squeaks out, still embarrassed even though it's merely her wife who caught her naked.

"You fell asleep during your massage and I didn't want to bother to wake you up." Regina says, passing Emma her shirt. Emma shrugs it on with a "thank you" before looking back up at Regina. "And I made you breakfast." 

"I can smell it. You really didn't have to do that." Emma smiles sweetly.

"I wanted too, and I made two servings so that I could eat with you?" Regina says, but it sounds more like a question.

"Of course. I mean you planned out an evening I'm sure and I fell asleep very early in the night." Emma blushes. 

"It's really fine. You're tired, and providing for our baby." Regina says as she sets the tray on the floor between them.

"What's on the menu today chef?" Emma jokes, and Regina grins.

"Turkey bacon, half a toasted bagel with cream cheese, and sunny-side up eggs."

"Sounds absolutely delightful." 

"I'm hoping it will be."

The two of them eat and share small talk and then they can hear Henry come downstairs. They don't bother to tell him where they are because he can get ready on his own. After a while when they finish eating, Regina adjusts herself so Emma can lean against her. 

"How did you sleep?" Regina asks as she plays with Emma's hair. She's about to answer when Henry's voice comes from somewhere else in the house.

"Moms! I'm going now!" He yells, and they both yell "bye" back to him at the same time. The door slams closed a few seconds later and then the two women turn back to each other.

"I actually slept well, considering I slept on the floor." Emma laughs, and Regina joins in.

"That's good. You really needed that."

"I did. I've been such a grump." Emma sighs, and then turns herself around to look at Regina.

"You haven't been a grump." Regina says and Emma grins.

"Yes I have, but you won't admit it because you're still trying to make it up to me."

"Maybe." Regina winks, and they laugh once again.