Chapter30: We did nothing.

3 weeks later.
"Have you heard from natalee?" Mark questions maddy.
"No. she hasn't been coming to class lately haven't seen her. i'm worried about her." maddy replied.
"i just wish we could've done something. Why didn't we do anything?!" mark starts yelling.
"ITS not our fault. we didn't know anything."
"we still could've done something! don't even start with me madison. We could've done something. But we did nothing. Nothing. WHY didn't we do anything?!"
"...i'm sorry."

3 weeks ago.
"WHAT DID YOU EXPECT ME TO DO? just sit here knowing you're about to fucking kill yourself and not do anything?!" mark yelled at eddie.
"Mark i fucking trusted you. why?!" eddie asks mark. Mark puts his head down.
"why?" natalee asks. Eddie draws his attention to her. "why eddie? why can you tell me why?" she questions him coldly while tears stream down her face.

Mark hears the rooftop door trying to open so he stops it from opening.
"it's me jackson open the door" mark hears jacksons voice and still refuses to open the door.
"Look natalee its for the best. I've got no family, no friends, and we are gonna graduate soon so what's the point? huh? i've been living in hell my whole life just let me do something that'll make me happy."
"and this is your solution? killing yourself is your solution to everything? what about how your parents will feel? what about your teachers? what about your friends? what about us? what about me? do you think everyone will be happy?" natalee takes a few steps towards eddie.
"..stop. if you come any closer i'll jump off the roof." eddie warns natalee. She still moves towards him slowly.
"goddamit natalee. i hate my life i hate myself. i hate that i'm not normal!" eddie cries and drops the knife on the floor. "don't you see how much pain i'm in? i'm suffering everyday and you're here being selfish just so you can be happy. If you really were my friend you would want me to be happy. And this is how i'm gonna be happy. by leaving this place. by leaving you.. i'm sorry natalee i tried but i couldn't do it." Eddies voice comes out as a whisper but loud enough for both mark and natalee to hear. Natalee falls down to her knees as she cries harder. Mark looks at her with pain feeling his eyes.
"eddie it's still not a solution. you even said it. We are gonna graduate soon. We're gonna become adults. We're gonna be mature enough to accept one another." Mark responded. "don't you see how much in pain she is in right now?"
Eddies teary eyes look at her.
"yeah i see. and that's why i have to end this." Eddie turns around and steps on the tip.
"No eddie no. No. NO!" Natalee gets up on her feet and gets closer to eddie.
"goodbye natalee. i love you" Marks eyes widen as eddie falls.
"NOOO!" Natalee screamed as she ran to the top before being pulled back by mark.
"shhhh shh it's ok" mark hugs natalee as they both fall on their knees. He hugs her tight as she cries in his chest.

Madison's pov.
natalee ran out of the classroom and mark follows behind.
"what's going on?" irene asks.
"idk you guys stay here and jackson and i will go see what's happening." jackson and i run after them. They ended up on the rooftop. Mark shuts the door behind him before we all go in.
"it's me jackson open the door" jackson says as he starts to push open the door but failed completely. "marks guarding the door we can't open it."
"...I'm not normal!" that's eddies voice. what's going on? is it true? is he seriously gonna commit suicide. I take out my phone to dial an ambulance. no no no you stupid don't do this eddie no. I'm fucking scared this can't happen.
"hello? yes we need an ambulance at seika high school right now....15 minutes?! we need one now! ok thank you" as i put my phone back in my pocket i hear a loud scream. No. I fall to my knees as my body becomes numb. My sight was now blurry. I look up to see horrified frozen faces. First thing comes to my mind. Natalee. I get up and run to the door to the rooftop and push it open. First thing i see Natalee in Marks arms crying her head out. I fall to my knees once again and tears won't stop coming. I feel strong firm arms go around me.
"jackson..." the tears come down harder.
"shhh it's gonna be alright." jackson reassures me.
Sirens are being heard. Students gasping and screaming. Teachers crying and surprised.
No ones pov.
The ambulance finally arrive. They take eddies body away. Police come talking to the principal.
Krystal comes up the stairs towards the rooftop. Tears in her eyes as she heard the news. She didn't know eddie personally no. But she was afraid. She stops in her tracks to see Natalee in marks arms. She can't help but feel heartbroken. I'm sorry .