I caught myself caressing his arm which he had placed casually on the table every time he told something witty. Everything that came out of his mouth seemed oh so funny. I laughed out loud with my eyes closed, tears of mirth trickling down and my arms were around my tummy which was beginning to ache from all my guffawing. He wiped those drops of glee away with a tissue and caressed my cheek, while looking in my eyes.

"You look beautiful when you laugh. I mean, even more beautiful." he said gently.

I reddened at his sudden compliment and tenderness. I didn't know how to react. "Thank you?" was my hesitant reply.

My heart and pulse started to speed up as if in a racing contest and neither was willing to lose. I couldn't stop it. I looked out at the horizon and stared at the sunset. He followed my gaze.

"It's too beautiful to be true." I whispered reverently talking about the vision of the nature's spectacle.

"Yes. It is." he replied and I caught him staring at me when I looked away from the view. I blushed even more, if that was even possible.

"So, what about Alex? When did you meet him? I thought you grew up with him too." I asked in an attempt to distract him from my awkwardness. And the diversion worked.

"How do you know Alex?" he inquired curiously.

I told him about the night we first met, how Megan was the one who got him drunk. He laughed out loud at my descriptions of that night's happenings. I even told him about his secret liking of the trashy tv show. He vowed to tease Alex about it mercilessly. He knew Alex from college and they had been friends ever since.

We enjoyed the food and he constantly fed me with his spoon insisting that I tasted all of the dishes we ordered. He was satisfied with me only taking one bite of some of the dishes because I had already eaten more than I normally would.

I had never had such a delightful and entertaining dinner in my whole life. I didn't want it to end.

We continued talking for what seemed like hours, the sun was long gone and there were only a few couples left in the restaurant. We decided to order mojitos, a must in the Cuban eatery, to prolong the evening.

I didn't know how many drinks I had had but when I saw other couples starting to dance to the exotic music I wanted to join them. I stood up and walked over to his side of the table, smiled and extended my hand in invitation for a dance.

"I don't really dance." he said "Especially not in public."

Disheartened by his rejection and slightly humiliated, I excused myself to the toilet where I calmed myself down. I'm sure he didn't mean to offend me by refusing to dance. He just doesn't like to dance. There is nothing more to it. Why am I even this upset about nothing?

When I got back to the dining area, he just finished paying for the meal and waved at me. We left after saying goodbye and thank you to the lovely Maria. We made our way to the beach again to get back to the cabin. But just when we reached the shore he stopped in his tracks and held my hand.

"Would you like to dance now?" he asked "Nobody can see us here."

I was surprised and happy. So very happy.

I went to him and we swayed slowly to the music of the restaurant that was even audible at the spot where we lingered. After a few moments of slow dancing, I leaned my head against his hard chest and heard his heart which was beating as quickly as mine. Out curiosity, I looked up to meet his eyes and stared into his whiskey colored orbs that were shimmering in delight.

Or was it lust?

I couldn't tell. When he gently fixed the flower in my hair, thereby touching my cheek, I leaned into his palm and closed my eyes in complete contentment.

CLICK. Mind picture number four to be remembered for eternity.

The next thing I felt was his soft lips on mine.

---------------------------
Dear readers,

Thank you for reading! I really appreciate your taking your time to read my story. I am very grateful!

I hope you liked this chapter.

What do you think of their dinner? It was not a date, mind you. 😁

They are both totally rocking the we-should-stay-friends thing, aren't they? 😆

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please don't hesitate to tell me what you think.

I look forward to reading your comments.

Please consider clicking the star button if you liked the chapter.

This chapter has not been proofread yet, so please bear with me.

Yours,
Callie