Normal

Kristen's Pov

The ceiling stared back at me and the alarm clock by my bed hadn't gone off yet. I had spent the night, and the last week and a half just laying down, waiting for the sunrise.

Without waiting for the alarm, I shot out of bed, rubbing my hands together to warm them up again. I made my way to the bathroom to wash my face, only to end up looking at the bags that were beginning to form under my eyes.

I looked like crap. It's like I couldn't function anymore. The slightest things haunted me, and that wasn't the only thing. The first night I watched the news, the Team was on the first channel I found. And the next, and the next. They were everywhere.

I only watched the press conference that Dick held, with the support of Superman and Bruce, to keep look out for suspicious children. But that's about it. If they felt the need to go public with this, maybe they were desperate for a good angle. Something to either draw out the Light or reduce the casualties.

And that made me worry. It means someone on the inside was getting nervous, reckless.

So I did the most logical thing I could do, I stopped watching the news. I turned off my watch and my radio. No hero contact whatsoever. I just had no idea whether it was working or not.

After splashing some water on my face, I changed into some workout clothes. Lacing up my sneakers, I took deep breaths to the beat of the music in my earbuds.

The sun was barely peeking out from behind the city skyline. Now that I was back home with Mal, I needed a way to fill my time. So I ran, ran and ran and ran. I popped by the gym a few times but I was mostly on the streets.

It distracted me, so I continued doing it.

I could only feel the pounding of my heart, as I reach mile three. My feet digging into the concrete, as I slowed down at a light. I pulled my leg back, stretching out my quads, and then my hamstrings.

The light turned red and I was off again. I normally circled the inside of the city, but today I felt energetic. Mostly. So I decided the park it was.

I could see the park entrance gate. Sweat was pouring down my face, and my watch read 4.1 miles. I would probably take a break here with a few core workouts, before heading back. Luckily, it was still somewhat cool outside with a nice October breeze.

I looked down once, then back up at the park gates and stopped right in my tracks. My muscles were frozen in place, and my blood ran cold.

Sitting there, with his forearms resting on his legs, was Dick Grayson.

I don't think he saw me yet, but I couldn't tell since he had sunglasses on. I even recognized the leather jacket he was wearing. Oh, gosh, I can't do this. I've avoided him for a good two weeks, I don't think his initial reaction to me will be very good.

But hell, do I miss him.

With my heart in my throat, I pivoted on one foot and started sprinting in the other direction. I just kept going toward the apartment, wondering the whole time whether he saw me or not.

I have no idea how long I ran, but I stopped at this tattoo shop, to catch my breath. I knew what I was doing was wrong. After everything we've been through, I shouldn't keep avoiding him. It hurts, and that's something I can't ignore.

But I kept running anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a knock on my window, distracting me from running the brush through my wet hair. I turn to see Dick sitting on my fire escape. He has been everywhere for the last three days. Was he stalking me or something?