How Bad Could It Be?

Kristen's Pov

It was gorgeous here. And to think I have always been two steps away from exploring the world. I moved the straps of the almost skin tight dress I had on back into place, pushing my hair back over my shoulders. I felt like a disco ball on heels. 

I've been to a few parties in high school, I actually have my fake ID still, but I've never been undercover like this before.

Just don't tell anyone about the fake ID part.

Alpha squad was split into four groups, each staged to enter at different times. Tim was stationed on the roof, to watch our entrance since he was too young to actually get into the club, fake ID or no.

Artemis had just entered a few places behind Karen and Malcolm. Those two were the second best choice for blending in according to Canary. Dick threw his arm around me, as he handed the guy our two ID's. 

We were the best choice. Apparently.

The smell of the crowd and drunk laughter engulfed my senses. My eyes adjusted to the dark, and my ears adjusted to the music almost immediately. The warmth from the bodies jumping up and down to the Dj stuck to me. Dick, holding my hand, guided us, weaving through the crowd.

"Everyone in position?" Dick's voice crackled through the comms link. M'gann had us all linked up at the rendezvous point, but we still need something extra.

"I'm in position," Artemis replied.

"We're good here, too," Malcolm's voice followed her's.

We waited a few seconds for Tim, "Entrance is clear."

Dick turned to look at me, a smile on his face. We broke through the crowd, in front of the bar. 

"I'm going to get a drink," He shouted over the noise. Oh, right, forgot he was already twenty-one. But here, so was I. I sat down next to him, raising my hand, waiting for a bartender. I glanced back at Dick, who had the funniest face on. "What are you doing?"

"Um, ordering?"

He leans forward, a nervous expression in his eyes. "You're under age, Kris."

I swear he looked like some goody-two-shoes trying to get away with not doing one math problem for homework. "Jeez, Dick, calm down," This time I leaned forward, surprising him a bit. "Undercover, remember? Besides we got in didn't we?"

"That was only because of me."

I scoff, throwing my head back with a little laugh. "Please, you are being ridiculous," I figured he would act normal on this mission. "It's just tequila."

He squinted his eyes at me, deciphering whether I was telling the truth. "I'm kidding. Stop being so uptight, I'm not a kid, twenty in beginning of August. And it's not like I'm trying to get drunk. Mission? Savage? All that good stuff?"

When the bartender finally could reach us, I opened my mouth to try and get something just a tad strong, but Dick beat me to it. "Zwei Bier bitte."

I pout as the man pours us our drinks. "You're no fun," I mumbled while taking a sip from the glass, the cool liquid slipping down my throat. My first time in Belgium, and I couldn't have a little bit of a good time.

I began to look around, which was useless with the lack of light. I downed the last of my drink and stood. I tapped Dick on the shoulder, "I'm going to go do my job."

He nodded hesitantly, making me roll my eyes. I left my seat to go dance, you know because I was supposed to blend in. I let myself go just a little, something I wasn't ever allowed to do anymore. It felt nice.