Serious Dilemma

Kristen's Pov

The Friday morning after the Injustice mission I woke up late, around ten o'clock. There were a few reports I had to fill out the night before, so I decided to stay at the Hall. Dick slept over, something about his landlord giving him hell about the apartment.

Wasn't he Bruce Wayne's son?

Anyway, today was the day M'gann did questioning for the kids we found on Tuesday. They were twins, and apparently, what Luthor would call unsuccessful projects. Or in other words, they weren't brainwashed, as far as we could tell.

Conner and Artemis were going to be there to evaluate their powers, and I just wanted to see them. M'gann had asked if I wanted to come. I was a little skeptical about the whole thing since I probably scared them when they first saw me, but I eventually agreed.

I was putting on my suit when Dick finally woke up. "You're actually going?"

"Yeah," I nodded, giving myself a once over in the mirror.

"Don't you think that's pushing things, you know, with-"

"Dick," I stopped him there. I hadn't had nightmares since the Manta mission, so I figured it was time to stop hiding. "I'll be fine. Maybe this will be good for me."

He ran a hand through his hair. "Okay, if you say so."

"You should probably  get out of here," I said, watching him flop back down on the bed from the corner of my eye. "Don't want the younger ones freaking out about you sleeping in my room again."

"Yeesh," Dick stood, putting his shirt back on from the night before. He made his way to the door, "It's not like we're sleeping together."

He stepped out of the room and before he could fully close the door, I called out, "Yeah, but they don't know that!"

I chuckled to myself, before looking at myself in the mirror once more. We did something good. But you know the phrase, one step forward, two steps back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were meeting in STAR Labs. I grabbed a cereal bar and a water bottle from the kitchen, waved high to Malcolm, Jaime, and Bart, before going through the zeta tubes.

I only happened to see the boys today, but everyone else had dispersed since the mission. It left a tension in the air, not to mention the silence in the Hall. It's nerve wracking. Maybe it had something to do with the refugees.

Artemis was standing outside one of our interrogation rooms in full uniform. Conner was inside with M'gann and the twins, he probably wanted to be security, just in case something went wrong. I stepped up to the window beside Artemis, crossing my arms.

"How're they doing?" I asked, looking through the window. M'gann looked comfortable, but then again, I wasn't sure she really felt that way.

"Okay so far," Artemis replied. She was still staring at the twins with a soft smile on her face. I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion, but let my questions go.

"We don't know who they are, Art," I chided. But I knew she was looking out for those children. That's what she did best.

"Yeah, I know," Her voice was quiet. "They have no telepathy as far as we can tell, which is good for M'gann."

"What about other powers?" The girl had purple hair, but the strange thing about was it didn't look faded as if it was dyed. Her brother had jet black hair. They both looked no older than eleven or twelve. They were so young.