With a shrug, she goes into the washroom and starts up the shower. She glances about the bathroom as the hot water steams up the mirror. Some things look somewhat out of place but she pays it no mind, instead dropping her nightgown and getting into the water stream. Regina sings as she showers, and then once she's out she notices how Emma is not back in bed. 

"Odd." Regina says, and then pulls on a signature pantsuit before wandering down to Ava's room. She quietly walks in and then finds that Ava is still sleeping in her crib, and that Emma is nowhere to be found. So she goes downstairs to the kitchen and can smell coffee that was recently brewed. But Emma isn't in the room. 

"What the hell?" Regina frowns, but decides she needs to get breakfast ready for herself and Henry. When she turns to the fridge she finds a note taped to the spotless appearance. She plucks it off and turns to the window where lots of light is coming in. 

Regina, there's lots of breast milk in the fridge for Ava. I'm going out for the day, won't be back for supper. 

Emma

With confused and hurt feelings, Regina crumples the note into a ball and throws it in the recycling bin.

"Goddamn it Emma. What is your problem?" She growls, and then turns back to the fridge to get out some eggs. Henry comes downstairs a few minutes later and plops himself down at the table.

"Good morning my little prince. Eggs on toast for breakfast, and I am expecting you to get yourself some milk, and some fruit to go along with it. I've already eaten, and I'm going upstairs to get ready." Regina says, laying down a plate for him.

"Thanks. Where's Momma?" He asks, sounding so much like the little boy she first met.

"She's upstairs sleeping in. Don't disturb her, okay?" Regina lies, putting on a politician's face. 

"Okay." Henry says, quickly believing her lie. He has no reason to not believe her. She turns and goes upstairs with fast movements. Picking up her phone, she opens Emma's contact and sends her a fiery message.

Regina: What the hell is this? "A day out"?

She throws her phone on the bed and then goes to put on her make-up and brush her teeth. Regina hears Henry come and go, and then he yells a quick goodbye before running out to the bus. By the time she's done getting ready she realizes that she doesn't have anyone to care of Ava and needs to take her to work. 

Regina: I am so angry with you. You left me with Ava and no plans on a caretaker for the day. I'm taking our baby to work with me. 

She packs up a diaper bag, puts a still sleeping Ava into a car seat, and then gets her work stuff together. Like a true mother she balances it all and manages to get to work without blowing her top. As she walks up the stairs to her office, Ava wakes and begins to cry. Getting onto the second level, Tink looks up from her computer. 

"I thought I heard a baby crying." She comments and jumps up from her desk to help her boss without being asked. "Come here sweetheart." Tink croons as she grabs Ava's car seat and puts it on her desk and then gently pulls the baby from it.

"Thank you. Emma left me with her and I didn't have time to find a babysitter. I just had to bring her in today." 

"That's quite all right. Between the two of us I think we can manage today's tasks and this little one." Tink says, rocking Ava back and forth as the cries quiet some.

"I'll get a bottle ready for her, just one moment." Regina says, bringing all her bags into her office and then warming a bottle in the microwave. Once it's ready, she brings it out to Tink, and tries to take over.

"I've got her, I'll forward all calls to you, and here's a list of meetings for today." Tink says, being Regina's perfect assistant.

"You are an angel."

"I prefer fairy godmother." Tink grins, and then she bumps her hip with Regina's. "Anything for you boss."

"Well I'm off to deal with other people. Once you're done feeding her, feel free to put her back in the car seat. I occasionally rock her with my foot if my hands are busy." Regina says. Tink laughs, the sound light and carefree.

"Okay mom, I got it. Get out of here." Tink rolls her eyes.

"Yes, okay." Regina sighs, and then is off to deal with everything else making her life difficult.

~~~

Between Regina and Tink they manage to get through paperwork, meetings, and phone calls as well as dealing with Ava. The day comes to a close and Regina packs all of her stuff up and gets ready to go home. Tink puts Ava in her car seat and then carries her down to Regina's car. 

"I want to thank you again for doing so much to help me out today." Regina says once they've strapped the car seat into Regina's vehicle. 

"It was a treat to see the little cutie. I didn't want to ask, but Emma left you with her? What happened?" Tink asks, and she crosses her arms as her curious nature takes over.

"I don't know honestly." Regina shrugs, putting some stuff into the passenger seat. "I woke up and she was gone, told me to take care of Ava and that she wouldn't be back until later."

"That's super odd of her. I mean, Emma doesn't do that shit." Tink says, shaking her head with a frown. 

"I know. But we had a moment last night and I think it threw her off."

"A moment in the bedroom?" Tink immediately asks, and Regina chokes on air.

"Tink!"

"Sorry!" Tink says, and puts her hands up in defense.

"That's none of your business." Regina points out, and Tink blushes before lightly punching Regina.

"Damn. Get it girl." Tink coughs, trying to cover the statement.

"I'm going home." Regina states, going around the car to the driver side. She glances over at Tink and the tiny blonde opens her mouth to speak. "I am still your boss, remember that."

"Yes Madame Mayor." Tink salutes with a wink.

"Goodnight dear." Regina sighs with pursed lips, and then she gets into the car. 

~~~

"Mom? Is that you?" Henry yells out as soon as the door opens and Regina steps inside.

"Yes dear. Can you come and help me please?"

"Coming!" He calls to her and then is in view seconds later. He stops in his tracks, cocking his head to the side. "Why is Ava with you?"

"Well, your momma is gone for the day and I had to take her to work." Regina admits.

"Gone where?" 

"I'm not sure. She didn't say."

"Was she even sleeping this morning when I left?"

"No, dear, she wasn't."

"Why did you lie?"

"I didn't want you to worry." 

"Well that's stupid." Henry tells her, wrinkling his nose. 

"I guess so. But let's not worry with it now, and you know I don't like when you use that word. Let's just eat, and not worry about her."

"She probably just needs to get away or something. She likes to run from her problems." Henry points out- ever the observant boy -as Regina puts Ava into her baby swing. She freezes for a moment, thinking about the truth of Henry's statement. 

"Yes, she does run sometimes when things get hard." Regina says, clipping Ava in. She thinks about how Emma avoided her for a while when she brought up children. 

"Anyways, what's for dinner?"

~~~

updating on a Tuesday! yay me *claps for myself* so for this chapter... my question is... 

what do you want to do for a career, or if you already have a career, what is it?

please vote and comment :)