1.

Summer Ray.

"She had the nerve to step to me about my man." My client, Michelle, said. "Can you clip them a little shorter because I don't know if I have to beat a bitch up."

I laughed and shook at my head. She talked at her man every time coming into the salon.

"So, why be with him?" Shanna, my coworker, asked. "You come here every two weeks with a story about this man."

"And this man is always with another woman." I added, clipping her nails.

"Y'all just don't understand." She tried to explain.

"No, you're just being another dumb ass broad. You letting this nigga run over you and he gone keep doing it."

"Just leave it alone." She rolled her eyes.

"Go wash your hands." I sat back in my chair and looked at Shanna. "You really had to say that in front of all these people."

"She should've kept her mouth closed."

Michelle sat back down and had a mug on her face. I tapped the polish on my hand and opened it.

I started polishing her nails while listening to Shanna talk.

"I can't say much because I'm not married, but if your husband is constantly cheating on you and he continues to lie about it we're getting a divorce. Men feel as if you're married they could do whatever they want but that's not the case. I would be gone with everything right before your eyes. I love you and all but I got to go."

"Why get into something if you are not ready to be committed?" I asked. "That's the question you should be asking."

"Men get into relationships because they feel they always have somebody to fall back on. It's many women who will let her man do anything." She looked at Michelle and nodded. "And their are women who will not put up with the his bullshit and leave."

"You did not have to look at me when you said that." Michelle looked over her shoulder.

"But I did."

"Stop." I sighed, grabbing Michelle things. "First dryer."

I sat her things down and got my next customer.

"I just need three eyebrows and one eyelash." The lady said standing up.

"Whose first for the eyebrows?" I asked looking at the group of ladies.

Finishing up my last client I was finally off. I cleaned my station and waited for Shanna.

"Summer you could go because my father is coming to get me."

"Alright I'll see you tomorrow." I stood up and walked out the salon.

Living on my own now is a whole new experience for me. I like living on my own but it gets lonely.

After constantly getting disrespected by my ex it was time for me to leave.

Making it to my Plantation home, I got out the car and locked the doors. After grabbing the mail, I made my way to the front door.

Kicking off my shoes at the front door and sitting my purse down on the table. I made my way to the kitchen looking at the new light bill.

I sat the mail on the counter and went to the refrigerator. I pulled out some seafood pasta and grabbed a fork.

Going through a break up with my first love was the hardest thing. Beside my father, he was the only man I loved.

Sighing, I sat the bowl in the sink and made my way to my room. As I was walking to my room I heard the hard rain fall.

Florida weather report isn't always accurate. It was blazing hot all day and now decides to rain out of nowhere.

Grabbing my towel I made my way to the bathroom to take a shower. After a long day of work I always ate and went to sleep. Or might go spend the night at my parents. I have a pretty boring life. Besides Shanna, I don't have any other friends.

I had people I talked to in high school and college but I didn't consider them as friends.

I hate partying and going out. I rather be in the house laid up. Shanna always try to get me to go out but I always decline.

Stepping out the shower, I wrapped the towel around me and made my way in my room. Pulling on a big shirt and some underwear I made my way to my bed.

Plugging my phone up and turning on the TV I got under the covers. Flicking through the channels I am settled for Catfish.

"Bitch you know Shad Moss is not texting you. You wasting these people time, when they could be helping somebody else." I mumbled.

I changed the channel and stopped on The Wayans Bros.

"We're brothers, we're happy and we're singing, and we're colored. Give me a high five." I sung along getting comfortable.

As the show went on I started to fall asleep.