Types as US states

Start from the beginning

North Carolina would be an ISFJ

No one does Southern charm like polite North Carolina. She's quiet and helpful, and even the northern states looks down upon her fondly as a state of true loveliness. She isn't one to budge from her long standing beliefs, and she thinks the United States is perfect just as it is. She's quiet, so people sometimes forget that behind those sweet, unassuming eyes is a state watching and observing everything. It's possible that North Carolina could be a swing state in the 2016 election, but that's really not polite dinner conversation.

Kansas would be an ESTJ

Kansas is a pretty conservative guy, but why wouldn't he be? He loves his farm and his gun, and no government should tell him how to live his life. Play him in a sport, and he will tear you down with the fierce athleticism of a tornado. He's a family guy, and truly enjoys spending his time with friends and family at the college basketball games.

Colorado would be an ESTP

Fun, nature loving Colorado enjoys everything his state has to offer. He would even logically (but defiantly) argue that the snow isn't that bad (SO much skiing, snowboarding, and winter hiking), and is enjoying the flexibility with smoking experimentation his state has to offer. Colorado just wants to have fun, but preferably NOT indoors.

Missouri would be an ISTJ

Missouri is prone to a lot of stress- there's lots of crime and pollution that he deals with daily, so he tends to suffer from poor health. He feels the weight of the state on his shoulders, but feels better taking to his states trails, which are some of the best in the world. In the outdoors, taking on nature alone, the worries of his life goes away.

Washington would be an ISTP

Washington is super brilliant. Home to many high tech firms, he enjoys the constant buzz new technology brings him. He's moderately trendy, housing Seattle, but other states aren't quick to visit his rainy state. He, however, welcomes it with enthusiasm and knowledge- where there is rain; there is a thriving and robust ecosystem!

Tennessee would be an ENTJ

Tennessee enjoys being home to a city known for her music scene. All states visit Nashville, and visits make this extrovert extremely happy. Sometimes she rubs people the wrong way, but she's trying to get along. He was, after all, the first state to make the logical decision of re-entering the union after the civil war. Yeah, she's part of the South, but he isn't necessarily a bleeding red- she's open for a nice, logical discussion about where the country needs to be (just please don't confuse feelings for facts).

Massachusetts would be an ENTP

There's no doubt that Massachusetts is a smart guy. He's proud to have the best schools in the entire United States, and enjoys boasting about his unique historical importance. Despite being a little emotionally raw, he's a very fun loving guy; he's got a great city with a fun night life, and spends much of his time partying (hanging out and talking about math) at Cape Cod. He's pretty liberal, and he has no problem convincing you that his beliefs are more logical than yours.

New Mexico would be an INTJ

New Mexico can strike the other states as a bit stiff, but he's a pretty cultured guy. He enjoys learning everything he can about different cultures, and enjoys learning as much as he can about Native American history through their art, folklore, and museums. True, the art never moves him to tears, but he is able to see that their culture is more important than the other states seem to believe (they did found the country, after all). New Mexico is secretly a mastermind; he has voted for the winning president with uncanny precision. Maybe New Mexico has alien intelligences.

New York would be an INTP

Ok, she's not super friendly but New York is not as rude as everything thinks she is. She just doesn't have time for all the feels. She has a very long commute on a cramped and hot subway, and doesn't exactly have time to dilly dally like the emotional southern states do. She also just doesn't want to be friendly because that's the polite thing to do. Get to know INTP, and you'll see she isn't an insensitive jerk, but an imaginative, abstract thinker who is incredibly open minded and objective. New York is down for anything, but at the end of the day, she kind of wishes the city would go to sleep so she could have some down time