The Type's Kryptonite

ISFJ – Self-sacrifice.

ISFJs are down-to-earth, focused and capable – but they're also self-sacrificing to a fault. This type has a tendency to internalize almost everything that happens to and around them – therefore taking on responsibility for problems that don't necessarily involve them. The tendency to adopt external problems as their own is the ISFJ's kryptonite.

ISFP – Sensitivity.

The ISFP's sensitivity is what makes them brilliantly creative and unique – but it's also what holds them back in many ways. Because this type dislikes conflict so intensely, they have a tendency to run for the hills as soon as they foresee a tense situation arising – holding them back from pursuing many relationships or opportunities that could otherwise be beneficial for them. This type's sensitive nature is one of their greatest strengths but their aversion to criticism or conflict is their Achilles heel.

ESFP – The need for approval.

ESFPs have fiercely engaging personalities – this is both their greatest strength and their greatest setback. Though this type is capable of achieving just about anything they set their mind to, they also feel the compulsive need to have everyone around them like them – which occasionally makes them back down from situations that they ought to stand their ground in. The need for approval is in part what makes the ESFP so successful, but it is in equal part their personal kryptonite.

ESFJ – Obedience.

ESFJs are incredibly in tune with the norms, values and expectations of the social world that surrounds them. They are tirelessly careful to not violate any social rules and as a result are often obedient to others' expectations, even when they are not in complete agreement with them. Learning to stand up for themselves – even if it means violating a social or societal rule – is something the ESFJ needs to work on throughout their lives if they do not want their personal kryptonite to rob them of the things they want most.

ENFP – The 'Greener Grass' Syndrome.

ENFPs are ceaselessly scanning the horizons for new, exciting opportunities that they haven't tried yet. Even when they're perfectly content with their lives, this enthusiastic type is prone to abandoning a good thing in favor of the next, potentially better thing. Their never-ending quest for the next great thrill – and their corresponding aversion to stick with what they love – is the ENFP's Achilles heel.

ENFJ – The Urge To Interfere.

ENFJs are highly perceptive individuals, who usually have a keen grasp on what is likely to help or hinder their loved ones. As a consequence, they often feel compelled to intervene in the lives of their loved ones, perceiving themselves to know what's best for them. This can not only lead to tension and conflict if the ENFJ is not careful, but it will also exhaust them to the core as they try to care for everyone around them at all times. The compulsion to help those who are struggling is the ENFJ's personal kryptonite.

INFJ – Perfectionism.

INFJs aren't perfectionists in the stereotypical sense of the word – they aren't the most detail-oriented type nor are they the most outright neurotic. However, they are prone to deliberating over their options to a detrimental extent – trying so hard to pinpoint the best of all possible options that they end up missing out on opportunities altogether. Attempting to always seek out the most perfect situation – and refusing to take a chance on anything less – is the INFJ's Achilles heel.