Kindness Goes A Long Way | Pietro Maximoff

Little bits of how to show a certain speedster what it's like live in America.

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

"Piet, no. Shit." I say, rubbing my temples as Pietro tries to look up words on urban dictionary instead of a regular one.

"I don't understand why you think this site is so bad, (y/n). It gives me very useful information." He smiles, totally unaware of what people actually use this site for. "I mean, look at this! I found my name! Apparently it means an Italian stallion."

"That's nice Piet but how 'bout we look up other words on a useful dictionary." I say again for what it feels like is the hundredth time.

"This is a useful dictionary." He mumbles under his breath before I smack the back of his head.

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

"I don't understand!" He yells, pacing the room. "Why do you have to pay six dollars for a cup of coffee?!"

"That's a question all of us have been asking for a while, bub."

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

"So I don't get it, why do strangers get together to celebrate?" Pietro asks as he ladles more soup into yet another bowl.

"Well, it's the day we gained our freedom and Steve's birthday. This year he wanted to feed the homeless in Central Park, so that's what we're doing." I answer and place a piece of bread on the tray next to the soup.

"Why though?"

"Some people are not as privileged as we are currently. It's good to give back."

"Don't we need to spread the word about what we're doing to get more people to do the same?" He questions and pauses for a moment to wait for my answer.

"Not everybody feels like this is the right thing to do."

"What terrible people." He says with conviction before continuing.

"The world is full of them but, a little kindness goes a long way."

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

"What did ya do Piet?" I ask the panting man, continuing to read my magazine.

"I'm just doing something." He gasps before smiling at me.

"Okay, I won't prod." I smile back.

"I have a question."

"Oh chill, shoot." I put my magazine down to give him my full attention.

"How does one ask a woman to dinner?"

"Her favorite flower, chocolates, the whole cheesy romantic movie thing." I sigh.

"What if she's not like that?" He pushes me further, unsatisfied with my answer.

"You should try to do this by yourself man." I push a piece of hair out of my face while thinking, "but try to take the little things you notice about them and incorporate it into the date." With that answer, Pietro runs off.

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

"(Y/n), would you like to join me?" Piet asks.

"Sure, what're we doin'?"

"Something that's kind." He answers before picking me up and running off.

When we arrive, he sets be down. We're in a lot that I thought was empty, now it's filled with small colorful homes. People are everywhere, saying hi and giving their thanks to Pietro.

"What is this?" I ask, my eyes wide in amazement.

"Welcome to Homes for Homeless." He answers shyly. "This is what I've been working on. I made this in honor of you, for teaching me what I didn't know, for showing me how to be kind again."

"You had it in you." I grin at him.

"(Y/n), I want to ask you something." He rubs the back of his neck before he begins to wring hi hands together.

"Okay." I say, rocking on the balls of my feet.

"Will you go on a date with me?"

"Of course!" I laugh and throw my arms around him.

"When I first came here I was angry with everyone and I couldn't get it out of my head that I was a lost cause. But then I met you and you showed me what I could be. I am forever in your debt, (y/n)."

"Kindness goes a long way, Piet."